Contact: 08099400130, 08023380008 E-mail azuhamtus@yahoo.com

Pages

TWITTER

follow us on twitter:@daylightng

Sunday, June 29, 2014

South African sex/theft scandal: Angela Okorie lied against my hubby + How I'm coping with my twins - Muma Gee

Muma Gee and hubby
Leading musician Gift Uwame popularly known as Muma Gee and her actor husband, Prince Eke recently welcomed a set of twins, a boy and a girl, on April 18, in their Port Harcourt home.
The versatile singer and theatre arts graduate of University of Port-Harcourt (UNIPORT), in this chat monitored by SHOWBIZPLUSng insisted there was never an age difference in her marriage to Eke.
 She also opened up on the South African sex and theft scandal involving her hubby and Nollywood actress, Angela Okorie, among other issues.

 
 
How are your twin kids doing?
Great, thanks.
 
 
How old are they now?
They are a month plus now, bubbling and doing great.

How have you been coping and taking care of two kids at the same time?
 It's quite hectic and stressful but I am doing well with good management skills. I also have good baby nurses and my mum is solidly supportive.
 
 
 How would you describe motherhood?
I am a great woman and I wasn’t born abroad. I was born in a hospital in Rivers State. I am not one of those who travel abroad and spend a lot of money to deliver their babies. I have told myself I will deliver in Nigeria and the children and I will all succeed here.
 I am excited. I am elated. I am very happy and thankful to God Almighty. Words are not enough to express our feeling. I will say I am overwhelmed. I kept wondering and asking God, ‘Is this me? Are these beautiful babies for us? How did this happen? What have we done to deserve this miracle?’People see me and say, ‘oh, you are looking so beautiful’. I didn’t believe I was going to have twins. We thank God.
I have always and still see motherhood as a divine responsibility that God saddled women with. It's a rare privilege for me to be part of those chosen by God to nurture His creations and to prove how special He is to me. He made it a double portion for me with a perfect combination. What more can I say but to say thank you Lord! Thanks to those of you that prayed for me and wished me well.
 
 
It took some years in your marriage before the twins came, how was the waiting period for you?
 I got wedded in 2011 and gave birth in 2014 and you referred to that as some years, for two celebrities that got married without courtship? I and my hubby planned it that way.

But African tradition would expect a woman to give birth, just a year after marriage.
Yes, but we also needed to prepare a good life for our babies before bringing them into this world. I hate to sound this way but, even as a cultural ambassador with a unique African style of music,  I have a high standard of living and that  is world standard. So, I don't limit myself to any timid traditional beliefs.
 
 
Were you aware you’d give birth to twins?
No human can predict what gift God has for him or her until it unfolds, so my case was not different. I went for the first scan, the results kept me pondering and I waited patiently till after nine months to be sure what I was carrying in my womb.  But it was only by faith that I started building the baby nursery with twins in mind. I had always loved twins from my childhood and I remember during my wedding, I made out gifts for kids, blue cups for boys and pink cups for girls. 
I prayed that God blesses me with both sex but not knowing that it would be at once. I will forever remain grateful to God.
Meanwhile, my hubby's mum is a twin and when my sister in-law came during her visit to our twins; she said their grandma also had four set of twins.


You mentioned that you and your hubby didn’t court at all, how then did your friendship lead to marriage?
There was no friendship that leads to marriage; rather marriage leads us into friendships. Prince Eke proposed after we got introduced by Emeka Ike and he carried out all the traditional rights as demanded by the custom of the Ekpeye people of River State. After that, I officially became his wife and we needed a year to plan our royal wedding in 2011.  And since then, I have been his and his alone but I warned him!  No premarital sex!


You said there was no courtship or premarital sex between you and your hubby, what was the attraction then?

His level of intelligence got me more attracted to him.


In order words, you don’t have any regret marrying him without courtship?
Yes, but now we are best of friends and have become fond of ourselves with time.

You are among the few Nigerian celebrities that dared to follow their hearts by marrying a man younger than you. Were you criticized over the age barrier?
Point of correction! I am not older than my husband. So I never faced any form of criticism from his family or mine.

But the public believes otherwise.
Really. It was never said to my hearing.

But I read one of your old interviews where you actually said you didn’t care about his age?
Who dictates my age? Did they give birth to me? I have kept quiet over the years and watched people talk bull suit about my age, let that person who gave birth to me give us details of my birth, the time, the weight, the hour of my birth.
Worst of all is that, these foolish speculators that create false rumours without proper research are idiots who have never been privileged to see me physically or know what I really look like other than the stage look.
And why is my age so much an issue?  Is it a crime to become popular at an early stage in one’s life? Although I don't care about his age, I am not older than him.

Were you expecting his marriage proposal, before he popped the question?
First, it is not normal for anyone to propose at that instant and so I least expected a man that I was just meeting to propose, let alone pop out any question.
When he did, what was your first reaction?
I was too shocked to respond and after the shock, I allowed myself go with the flow. And the result is where we are today.

Are you still very much into music?
Music is my life; can one live a life away from his or her passion? No. As a woman of purpose whom God has ordained with divine responsibility through womanhood, I must also fulfill my destiny in music too.

When last did you release a single or an album?
Motherland is my latest album and it’s ready for release on August 17, the same day chosen for my twins dedication and my hubby's birth bash, as his birthday is on the 18th, the next day.  I am also very much a live performance artiste which is where I make more money.

How do you combine music, being a wife and now a mother?
It is very hectic though but good time management takes care of it.

What’s your say on the recent South African sex and theft scandal involving your husband and actress Angela Okorie?
My first reaction was not negative at all but as the other party went on and on, l could see a sure case now. It was really a case of someone trying so hard to take a shine on Prince Eke. She even wanted to rob my name to it because I kept reading " Muma Gee's husband  which just makes me laugh so loud each time and I refused to get involved. The picture of what really transpired between both parties is blank because she is full of lies.
 
 
We recently lost one of Nigeria’s talented singers, Kefee, how best will you remember her?
Life is full of surprises, unknown to humans when it unfolds.  Indeed, it was and still a great shock to me when I first heard the news. So, I will never see Kefee again. It is so heartbreaking, but God knows the best. I pray to God to give her husband, family and friends the fortitude to bear the huge lost. I’ll miss her dearly. 
Entertainment Express-Rita Okoye