Contact: 08099400130, 08023380008 E-mail azuhamtus@yahoo.com

Pages

TWITTER

follow us on twitter:@daylightng

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

My future plans - Outgoing Carnival Calabar Queen



The outgoing Carnival Calabar Queen (CCQ) Dijeh Sophia Chidinma in this riveting encounter with SHOWBIZPLUS, takes a candid look at her one year reign, journey so far, accomplishments, plans for the future and many more.


You are about to relinquish your crown in a few weeks from now, how has the journey been so far?


It has been educative, inspiring, fascinating and quite stressful but it has been worth it.

Would you say winning this pageant have changed your life positively?

I would say my life has changed in all ramifications. From my self confidence, financial status and family.
Life is better for me and the people around me and I owe it all to God and this title.

What are the challenges involved as the Carnival Calabar Queen?
It is not really a challenge because it has made me grow up. Basically the number one challenge is making impromptu speeches. The speech you make and the things you do are unplanned. Also your life changes in the sense that you really don’t live the way you want to. These are  all positive challenges though.

Tell us a bit about yourself
My name is Dijeh  Sophia Chidinma, I am from Anambra State,  21, the first of four children, a final year student of theatre and media studies,
University of Calabar. My hobbies are writing poems, reading poems, acting, cooking and I really love to write. I am also Carnival Calabar
Queen 2012/2013.

Are you excited about the event coming up in December?
Yes! I am so excited about the event in December.
Calabar Rocks!!! Most especially the Carnival Calabar Queen Pageant. I cannot wait to meet the new queen. Although I am quite sad because I’m going to miss all the benefits of being CCQ but I’m sure soon I will get used to not being called Her Royal Majesty.

What is so special about this pageant that sets it apart from all other pageants?

CCQ is one unique pageant and apart from the fact that it has three offices in one. It gives you the chance to reach out to two basic sets of people; teenage pregnant girls and the orphans. It is a good
platform to carry out projects of one’s desire. The queen has a lot to do for one year running and the state takes care of your every need which is really awesome.

 What are your plans for the future?
Everyone keeps asking after CCQ what next? Well I will continue my education, graduate, enrol in a master’s programme and get a good job in the media.
Currently I’m learning designs because I’m passionate about fashion.

 Who is your greatest inspiration and why?
I would say Her Excellency, the wife of the Governor of Cross River State. Mrs. Obioma Imoke. She inspires me in various ways.  Apart from the CCQ pageant, she also runs MACA, POWER,  AWAKE coupled with other state affairs. With all of these, people still say stuffs about her to tarnish her image but  she remains ever strong and makes me want to do more.

What opportunities has this platform provided you with?

The opportunities this platform has provided me with are really countless. First, it has given me a voice that can be heard anywhere. It has given me the chance to sit with people that matters in the society, travel to other countries and represent the state on tourism affairs. The opportunities has been numerous.

What is one feature you would like to change about yourself and why?

Sincerely speaking, there is no feature I want to change about myself. I am uniquely and wonderfully made.

What has been your biggest disappointment in life till date?
I can’t tell you my biggest disappointment in life till date. That aspect of my life should be private.

 What quality do you like most about yourself?

I love the fact that I smile through every situation.

 If God decides to grant you one wish, what would you wish for?

I would wish all my wishes come true

If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go and why?
If I would leave this country I must say it is just for holidays and school and not to work and my country of choice will be United States of America.  They have the most exotic beaches. It’s a good place to spend your
holidays and be sure of fun.


No comments: