Contact: 08099400130, 08023380008 E-mail azuhamtus@yahoo.com

Pages

TWITTER

follow us on twitter:@daylightng

Thursday, September 11, 2014

Wizkid finally opens up on why he’s fighting Davido + on/off romance with lover, baby mama


Wizkid and Davido

Wizkid has again made it clear that he is not ready for any sort of relationship with his arch rival, Davido.
After series of exchange of hot words on Twitter, the Ogun State-born singer finally had the chance to state his own side of the story.  Enjoy his reactions in this chat with Olisa Adubua on his new Youtube interview programme, which was monitored by SHOWBIZPLUSng.

What have you been up to?
I’ve been in the studio and doing recording every day; listening to different producers and trying out different sounds. I have just been creating music which is my job.
What has been holding back your album; people are saying you are scared of failure?
I was born ready; I never think of failure because if you put in hard work and put God first, then everything will come into place, that’s what I believe all my life. My album has been ready for a year now and I have so many songs which is actually the problem now because I have so many songs to choose from.
How has your fans reaction been?
I love it, anytime my new stuffs are played at events and shows people go mad.
Are you going to try out new sound and direction with your new album?
No new direction actually. Since I started music I have been talking and singing about the same thing. My life, my struggles with women, money, that’s pretty much it because I am a young guy and I can’t sit and start writing about stuffs that I don’t know about.
Are you leaving EME soon?
This is my last album with EME, but we are still a family and we are still going to do business together. Banky is like a big brother to me, Tunde Demuren is a big brother and Segun Demuren is like a father to us all, so we are like a family in EME.
Don’t you think you are going solo too soon?
I have been with EME for over five years so I don’t know what too soon is. If five years is too soon, then I don’t know what to say again because when we started in EME it was to build an empire so that everyone could grow. Now everybody is doing their thing, Skales is doing his thing now, Banky is doing his thing, they have Shaydee, Niyola, I have Star Boy going on. Everyone is trying to expand.
Have you fully repaid EME for all they did for you?
I have been doing this for five years; I was backing up for Banky W for a while, I released my album, went on tour. EME wasn’t really EME when I came into the picture, everybody had something to bring to the table to make it what it is today by releasing music, releasing hits, going on tours. I made money for the company and I made for myself too. Nobody signs a lifetime contract with anyone, at the end of the day; the contract is going to expire one day.
Do you have enough discipline to run your own company?
I have been doing this for a long time. At the end of the day, 90% of what goes on in an artiste’s career is down to the artiste. If I wasn’t always in the studio, working hard and recording, releasing hit songs, doing great shows I don’t think I would be where I am today. I have been doing this since day one, I have been doing this since I was 11 and I always knew what I wanted to do.
People are also saying you have forgotten your friends from back in the days, those you started with?
Anyone that says that is just plain stupid because the day-one brother I started this thing with stays in my house. Pyper is always with me. My bodyguard has been with me for a long time and if I wasn’t a cool guy and I don’t keep it real, they wouldn’t be around me. So if anybody says I have abandoned my friends from back in the days, that person should go check him or herself.
Are you getting married to your baby mama soon?
I’m not even trying to get married for now.
Do you succumb to every temptation that comes your way?
If I did, everybody would be pregnant for me.
How do you react to negative comments on social media?
I don’t react to everything on Twitter and social media. If I do that I would be in the news every day. The crazy thing is that people don’t understand that I am actually not into social media. I don’t have Twitter and Instagram on my phone; I only do that from my computers. If I’m not with my computer I can’t tweet. I just do it for my fans. The times I have reacted were just a spur of the moment thing and it was just a one-off thing. That’s how life is; people forget how good you have been once something bad happens. I’m human, I saw a comment and I reacted and it was blown out of proportion.
What happened between you and Davido?
That situation was so funny to me because we were all on the same flight to America and when we came down, I was just tweeting about my show, and I was talking about myself. I had a show in New York and last year, I had a show there always and it was sold out, but at the end of the day, the venue was not right. I was going to my hotel, drove passed the venue for my show and saw my name with the light and all that and I was very impressed. I came down, took a picture and posted it and wrote “proper show proper venue” and people started catching feelings. If I was really talking about another person then everyone should be really angry about that. Iyanya and everyone that has done shows in the US would really be upset if I had meant it the way some people thought I meant it. If you are mad that I did “Proper shows in proper venues” then you are not my friend.
Is Davido your friend, will you work with him?
We wouldn’t be in a room together to work together. Where will that happen (laughs) nobody knows where I am, so they can’t find me to even work with me. But to be serious, I have a son, a three-year-son, I have more serious things to think about, I have real life issues to deal with so I’m not into any beef and any online fight.
So tell us about your forthcoming projects
My album will be dropping soon, with a tour and new music again. I’m putting in more work. After my last album with EME, I will be releasing a Star Boy album in December.
Do you sleep with married women?
No, I don’t. Why will I sleep with married women? I have a cute girlfriend that I love so much and a son.
You guys broke up for a while
You know every relationship has its own problems, so we are back together now and are cool.
How is the relationship between you and Wande Coal?
I was with Wande Coal a couple of days ago; I’m always with Wande Coal. Not everything goes on social media. Not every photo I put on Instagram are what I’m doing at the moment. It might be from some days ago or so. I’m not really into social media because I just believe in living the real life.
People always say you are spending money more than they are making
That’s what they think; everybody has got his or her life and I’m not going to come here and start telling people or explain how I spend my money. It is none of your business. The only thing you should expect from me is my music and not how I live my life. I grew up in the media, people saw me grow from when I started with Banky W to now; but that doesn’t mean they should have an opinion. I am a grown man, so I can do whatever I like.
Who are you feeling right now?
I’m feeling Patoranking right now and we were in the studio some days ago. We made music together already. I like Runtown, I like Burna Boy and Wande Coal. I listen to everybody.
Tell us about your recent trip to America and your song with Rihanna
I was in the studio with Rihanna and we did something together, but you know how it goes; if it makes her project fine, if it doesn’t fine, we continue pushing. I did a song with Chris Brown but that will not be on my next album, it will be the first single to the one after my next one. I’m shooting a video with Chris Brown next week; I’m flying to LA soon for that.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey!!! yeah wiz and davi
make una runs things well, fight music not each order.