Contact: 08099400130, 08023380008 E-mail azuhamtus@yahoo.com

Pages

TWITTER

follow us on twitter:@daylightng

Sunday, September 28, 2014

Emerging Nollywood diva and beauty queen, Ebinabor Potts-Johnson shares her intimate secrets + How she coped in a polygamous home

Ebinabor

Ebinabor
In this hearty chat monitored by SHOWBIZPLUSng, ex-beauty queen and emerging Nollywood actress Ebinabor Potts-Johnson speaks candidly on a wide range of issues affecting her public and private lives.
How did you get into the industry?
Well, it all started when I was rounding off my national youth service, that was when I made the final decision to follow my passion, so I moved to Lagos to actualize my dream in acting. Since I didn't have any training, I enrolled in an acting school (Lufodo Academy of Performing Art 'LAPA'), where I learnt the basics of the profession. After three months of intensive training, I had my first audition (Tinsel) and that was how I started my acting career.

Are you saying nobody introduced you to any filmmaker?
I don't have a god father o.
Even in my modeling days, nobody was taking me around to introduce to anyone. I guess I have come this far, because I have something that is needed in the industry. And God has always been there for me, from the first day he brought me into this world.

As an ex-beauty queen would you say that your beauty is part of your selling points as an actress?
Well, I don't see it that way. I will say my talent because most times, people see me on set and get convinced with my role interpretation and body languages not just my looks. Though, my look is an advantage, but I will say my talent is my selling point and I always get compliments for my face. In this industry, beauty counts, and it's an advantage. So tagging it as a selling point, is allowed. But for me, I think my talent comes first. For some directors and producers, I really can't say.



As a beautiful lady which part of your body do you admire most?
Well for things I see, I will say my face because it has all the features placed appropriately by God. And for things not seen, I will say my brain because it's sometimes faster than a Ferrari.


What is the secret of your beauty?
Secret of my beauty? Mmmm! That should be lack of envy. When you don't envy people, you believe more in yourself then you get so relaxed, when you are relaxed, you tend to look younger and prettier.



Among all the actors in the industry, who has really inspired you as an actress?
I love Mercy Johnson. She is just a super talent in human form. Although, I haven't worked with her, but I'm pretty sure I will play alongside her in a movie in no distance time. 


On set which actor has helped to bring out the best in you?
Monjaro Anthony in the movie entitled Lekki Wives. Which was my second movie, it was fun working with him on set because he gave me coverage and confidence as a beginner then, I realised after gaining my confidence and composure facing the camera, the more relaxed you are, the higher the possibility of realising your potentials as an actress.



You studied engineering, why did you embrace acting, instead of practising your profession as an engineer with all the money in oil business, especially in your region?
I never thought of doing modeling when I gained admission to study petrochemical engineering. But towards the end of my first year, I had this good friend who motivated me and because entertainment has been in me right from my tender age, it didn't really take much for me to accept it. I actually wanted to study medicine but with my cut-off point, I got biochemistry. I rejected it and pushed further but ended up getting petrochemical engineering. And as a young girl from Bayelsa, such degree is a plus, but passion speaks louder. I believe the money is everywhere. 


We would like you to share your background with us?
I am from a very strong Christian background. I come from where respect, true love and sincerity are priorities. I am blessed with my dad and two mothers. I grew up in a loving polygamous home, my family is just awesome. I love them and I appreciate all they have done to make sure I succeed in life. I admire the love, care and patience they have shown me. They are the reason I stand firm because their prayers never cease.
 
You grew up in a polygamous home, what was your experience like?
Growing up was fun for me. Sometimes I miss those innocent days, fewer worries on your mind, sincere happiness and others. I grew up with my parents and they directed me rightly, supported me and taught me about God. I have step brothers and sisters but nothing comes in between our friendship. We are happy and blessed as a family. In fact, my background taught me how to smile in difficult times, although I'm still learning to do that. Well in general, I had a very normal but important start in my life.


When you told your parents about your interest in acting, what was their reaction?
Any parent will at first frown at such decision from someone who studied Engineering. But I come from a home where no one forces you to do what they want, because they believe they have brought you up the right way. So they advice and suggests other things they feel is right, but it's up to you to make your decisions, show how serious you are by making the first step and if it goes well, everyone supports you 100%. If it also doesn't go well, my family never pulls you down with blames rather they stand by you. So, I have passed the first stage, I'm now on the second where I have their full support and in the future I don't intend to get to the stage where things don't go well.

By RITA OKOYE - Entertainment Express

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Nwata bu ote
EPJ UR 2 MUCH

Unknown said...

Nwata bu ote
EPJ UR 2 MUCH