Contact: 08099400130, 08023380008 E-mail azuhamtus@yahoo.com

Pages

TWITTER

follow us on twitter:@daylightng

Friday, July 4, 2014

Shocker! Music star, Lynxxx opens up on why he’s begging and dying to date Chidinma




Lynxx and Chidinma

Pepsi ambassador and ‘Change Your Parade’ crooner, Lynxx, in this explosive chat monitored by SHOWBIZPLUSng, has opened up on the many reasons he’s crazy about Kedike star, Chidinma and seriously begging to date the petite beauty. Enjoy the handsome singer in his own words. 


Everybody knows Lynxx as a musician, who exactly is Lynxx?
I am Chukie Edozien but popularly called Lynxx. Though from Asaba in Delta State, I was born and raised in Lagos. I attended Corona Primary School, Kings College Lagos and Reading University/Hull University, both in the UK, from where I bagged a degree in Business, Economics and Marketing. Lynxx is a very reserved and easy-going person. There is nothing new under the sun that I have not seen. There is no amount of money that would make me become somebody else. There is no car I would drive that would make me feel better than the next person because at the end of the day, those things are trivial. I have seen artistes come and go. I have seen artistes who were there before me but who are irrelevant now.
How did you get the name Lynxx and what does it mean?
(Laughs) The name came from the fact that I’m a very connected person. Back in school, people believe that I have got the best links around. It was the case of me linking anybody with who ever. I can ‘link’ you with whatever you want. It means I do my research and know where to go when I’m looking for something. When I was in school, whenever the newest Timberland boots came out, my friend were sure I could get it for them.
How did music start for you?
I had always aspired to be a musical artiste. When I was four years old, I loved dancing to Michael Jackson and Shina Peters’ songs. When I decided to go into music about eight years ago, I was rejected by some well known record labels in Nigeria. What a blessing in disguise! I ended up setting up my own platform and presented my music to the world. Professionally, I became a musician just over three years ago.
Did your parents support your choice of music as a career?
The funny thing was that I had done music for a year before I told them I was into music. They were very understanding of time and how time changes. You know in the 80s, people started off as civil servants, but as I said, at a young age, I was grounded. I had established my first company, which handled websites, branding, advertising and other stuffs. And in 2008, I built a studio with a partner, Icon, in Parkview; that was the Syndicate Records. So, in 2009, I got into music. As a matter of fact, my dad heard my song on radio and did not know it was me. One day, he went to my uncle’s house and my cousins were saying they liked my videos. He was shocked. He came home very upset and asked me why he had to hear about my music from outside the home and not from me. I told him I wanted to be successful before bringing the news to him so he would not think I was crazy. Of course, at that time, I was already working on my album and I had a Pepsi endorsement deal on the table. We spoke about it and he gave me the go-ahead. He said as long as I remained focused, I would make it.
But some people insinuated that you got that deal through your father’s connections?
I’d like to clear that up. My father didn’t even know about me doing music or anything about Pepsi until I had signed the deal. I made sure my album was almost ready and I had basically done the ground work before I told him. My father is an economist so you have to display a certain level of seriousness in what you are doing so I made sure I had gotten to some level before I had a meeting with him to say this is what I want to do. Does my father work at Pepsi? No. Does my father know anybody at Pepsi? No. People will always talk. I might come from a well-to-do background but that has nothing to do with my career and if people really know my family, they’d know that it’s a family where you don’t get things handed at you.
You are a fully grown man, when do you plan to wed?
My wedding will come in God’s time. Right now, I can’t really say because there is so much going on in my life right now; and to achieve all that, I can’t engage in marriage, because I would leave my wife at home every day.
How would you describe your kind of woman?
Someone I can trust, who will be my friend and who we can have good conversations together.  I want a woman who can cook because I like to eat. I don’t care if she’s light or dark skinned. I am attracted to ambition. I like to see women getting up and trying to make stuffs happen and not sitting around waiting for mum or dad or boyfriend. I like a woman with plans, who is grounded and sticks to what she does, someone who knows what she wants out of life. Obviously, she has to be pleasing to the eyes, has to be able to package herself and look nice.
Does Jocelyn Dumas, the curvy Ghanaian actress whom you used in one of your videos fall into this class?
I don't understand what you mean. Dumas only featured in my video that we shot in 2012. I decided that this was the first thing people would hear from me after a long time, so it needed to be something that would cater for a wide audience. I wanted it to be something people would play at weddings; so I felt I should do a wedding video and get married in the video. I needed someone who people may not necessarily know, but someone who would bring something into the video. I had met her a year or two before in Ghana, and I told her I was shooting a video and I thought she would be ideal for it. At first, she hesitated and after explaining to her that there was no bum-shaking or bikini exposure, she agreed.
Are you in love with her?
No! She is a good friend of mine. We are very close because she thinks like me when it comes to business. She is very sharp. She is futuristic. As I am, I’m thinking about 2016. She has big dreams and, business wise, she is aiming at achieving what she wants to achieve.
Seems marriage is a far cry for you now, what are your ideals in life?
My ideals are simple. It is making my dreams come true and being a success at the same time. In addition, inspiring other people around me as well as being inspired by others too.  It is never ending, constantly it evolves through time.
What is your biggest scandal?
Recently it was reported that I was being sued for assault. That was very funny because I felt some people have no self-respect and nothing to do with their lives. They want to keep making up stories. I also read I had a baby. There’s this rumour about me and Toolz having an affair and it’s been going on since I released ‘Good Loving’ with Wizkid in 2010, because I mentioned her in the song. And there is one about my father getting me the Pepsi endorsement.
But honestly, if you have a chance to date Toolz, would you go on?
Wow, Toolz? She is a wonderful woman and very hard working. So any sensible man should go after such woman if he has the opportunity.
And have you had the opportunity?
Well, Toolz would have her own man. But I respect and appreciate her. (Laughs)
What are you doing about your love for Chidinma, have you started dating yet?
(Prolonged laughter) Chidinma is my crush and I want her. She’s cute and tiny, and she has a powerful voice. I think that’s attractive.
Have you done a collabo with her?
I haven’t done a song with Chidinma because I’m shy. I’m really not a shy person, but around her, I am shy.
Could this be love?
Why not? That is how it starts. Even though I am shy I have hugged her, and she’s just so tiny. I’m 6’2, I’m a big guy, she’s tiny, and she fits right into my hands. Come on baby, let’s make it happen.

OMOTOLA OLAIFA- ENTERTAINMENT EXPRESS 

No comments: