Contact: 08099400130, 08023380008 E-mail azuhamtus@yahoo.com

Pages

TWITTER

follow us on twitter:@daylightng

Monday, September 23, 2013

Why I’m still single and searching at 38 - Rita Dominic

Unknown to many, especially her teeming fans, one of the biggest heart aches giving famous thespian and Nollywood sexpot Rita Dominic sleepless nights is her single status.
And the Imo State-born star, who recently clocked 38, has finally bared her mind on the circumstances that led to her being single and searching at almost four scores on earth.
 In a blunt online chat on The Juice with Toolz, she sensationally accused the Nigerian media of destroying her numerous altar-bound relationships.
 While speaking emphatically on her relationship status, the amiable actress disclosed that her past and failed relationships were destroyed by the media.
"I don’t talk about my personal life because some years ago, I was in this relationship that became public, and the press killed it. The relationship didn’t work out because the press put a lot of pressure on it and it didn’t work out; since then I decided to guard my personal life jealously” she revealed.
While still accusing the media for interfering and helping to ruin her affairs, Miss Dominic spoke further on her pains and misfortunes with men.  
“After that relationship I met somebody else and we dated for four years. We thought we were almost going to get married but it didn’t work out. I met somebody else and it didn’t work out again so I decided to just concentrate on my work. I embarked on a whole lot of projects, now I’m through with them and I think I am now ready for another. I am single and searching,” she confirmed.
 The actress who recently co-produced her debut movie, The Meeting, candidly talked about the pressure on her to get married, but insisted she will not succumb until she meets the right man.  
She made it clear in the chat that she doesn’t feel old and not desperate to get married.
“To be honest, I don’t feel any different. I will marry the man of my dreams not the man the society picks for me. I am not going to let anybody bother me because I have seen people get pressured to marry and end up divorcing,” she maintained.
 Meanwhile, her debut effort as a movie maker has received good reviews from pundits and accolades from movie buffs. Amazingly, the delighted entertainer had this to say. “To be honest when we got the script and we read it, we knew it was a wonderful story.  But the responses we’ve had since we released it have been awesome. I still can’t believe it. It has been awesome.”
 Despite being one of Africa’s most successful actresses, Dominic still remembers her early days when she was struggling to get a role in a movie and attributed her success to passion. “Passion; that is all I can say about it.  I remember when we attended auditions and we will be asked to come two days later to check if we were successful or not. We sometimes have to spend our last money to go and check and end up not being picked for the movie. But it never stopped us, because the next day we are on our way to another one. We couldn’t stop because we had a passion for it.”

No comments: