Contact: 08099400130, 08023380008 E-mail azuhamtus@yahoo.com

Pages

TWITTER

follow us on twitter:@daylightng

Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Day a male fan embarrassed me – Rising Nollywood star, Chinenye Uyanna

IMG-20150605-WA0002(1)
Uyanna
                                                              



By UGOCHUKWU FAVOUR-MAYOR
In this revealing interview with DAYLIGHT.NG, sexy and sensational fast rising actress, Chinenye Uyanna shares the story of her thriving career and more with us. Enjoy the lovely encounter.

Why did you choose acting?
IMG-20150605-WA0004
Uyanna

This is one talent I love so much, and that is why I’m happy doing it. Acting will give you the enabling environment to express yourself; all it needs is just you being talented. You will have to travel, you will have to meet people and as well make choices for yourself. So, I love it.

Can you tell us how it all started?

For me, it all started at the very young age of 16. I was so little though, but then I knew what I wanted for myself. Even at that young age, I was doing stage drama too. To God be the glory, I’ve grown to appreciate the decision I took when I was little.


When you joined Nollywood, were you sexually harassed?

No, I wasn’t sexually harassed.


How about the sex for role issue that is rampant in the industry today?

I have heard so much about it, but I never experienced it.
What movie will you rate as being challenging to you?
I will give it to House6. It’s a television series I did. The role I played was challenging, and it ended up bringing out the best in me. I enjoyed it later though.

What motivates you?

Anything challenging motivates me a lot. As long as it’s full of doubts and challenge, you must surely see me coming out strong.
How do you manage your male fans?
What did you call them? Fans, right? They are just my fans, so I just relate with them as such, that’s all.

You’re currently doing a television series, how is it helping your acting career?

The television series I recently did actually helped me a lot, especially in terms of my acting skills. It is so different from the normal home movies we do. For what made it different, I don’t know if it’s because of the director (Paul Igwe), but it helped my acting career a lot.

What was your most embarrassing moment?

My most embarrassing moment was when I met a male fan that kept on asking for my number. When I later gave him, he called one day and said, “Baby I miss you.” And I replied, “Hello this is Chinenye.” He said, he knows and started asking me why I’m forming for him. I was so shocked and embarrassed because my call was on a speakerphone. You can imagine what it was for me, because I had people around me who all placed their ears to hear and observe what the caller would be asking for. Anyway, it’s one of those things.
What can’t you let go in your everyday life?

What I can’t let go? Going to the market and living my life as free as a bird, that’s all.
You have regrets?

I don’t have any regret, because we learn every day.
If you have an opportunity to change something, what would it be?

I don’t think I would want to change anything about my existence. I love who I am, and I thank God for creating me in his image. No exchange or swap of any kind.
What can attract you to a male?

(Laughs) I like people that are truthful, God-fearing and clean. If you are smart and endowed with what I have just mentioned, we are good to go. These are basically the qualities I’m looking out for in Mr. Right.
What are your career plans for the next two years?

My plans are just simple. I intend doing more than I have done; also I might go into production, because I would want to be producing my kind of movies. I am still thinking about it though, but when the time comes, I will unveil.

No comments: