Contact: 08099400130, 08023380008 E-mail azuhamtus@yahoo.com

Pages

TWITTER

follow us on twitter:@daylightng

Wednesday, November 4, 2015

DAYLIGHT Top 10 Qs: ‘My wife can stop my acting career,’ Nollywood star, Browny Igboegwu


browny
Browny



By AZUH AMATUS
Nollywood hunk and leading actor, Browny Igboegwu in this encounter with Daylight.ng publisher, Azuh Amatus, opens up on some intimate issues affecting his life and career in Tinsel town.
Enjoy the chat with the Asaba based thespian.
 Daylight.ng: Who is Browny Igboegwu; kindly tell us about your family and academic backgrounds?
Browny Ifeanyi Igboegwu aka Agbalanze, was born on August 30th in Onitsha (The business hive of West Africa) Anambra State to late Ide F.M.C Igboegwu KSM (Knight of Saint Mulumba) and Lady Augustina Igboegwu. I’m a graduate of Public Administration and International Relations from the University of Nigeria Nsukka (UNN), Enugu Campus. In 2009, I met my heartthrob, Becky and we got married in a colourful wedding in 2010 in Asaba.


browny 10
Daylight.ng: How long have you been acting and how did you come into Nollywood?
Acting comes natural to me, but I never dreamt of becoming an actor. I got into it by accident. One day I went to see a friend and within the neighbourhood, they were shooting a movie and he (my friend) happened to be the one directing the movie…
His name is Oke Zubelu Okoh. Somehow, one guy was mixing up his roles and I told my friend I could do better even when I had no experience as an actor. And when my friend asked if I was sure of what I said, I answered in the affirmative. Moments later, I was on the set. It was fun and I enjoyed it and this was sometime in 2005/06. The rest like they say is now history.
Daylight.ng: What are the titles of some of your major films?
I have done quite a number of movies such as: Marry Me, Bank job, Agwumba, Okuko, Days of Sorrow, The University, Strike Force, Agony in the Temple, Heart of Love, Royal Pain, Eye of the Eagle, Silent War, Sons of gods and a host of others.
Daylight.ng: Prior to coming into Nollywood, what were you doing?
I was a strict business man I had a mini office where I rendered services and did mobile communication and many more in and out supply packages.
Daylight.ng: You operate mostly from the eastern part of the country, why?
I operate precisely from Asaba, and apart from being a major capital city in the Nollywood industry the town has the luxury of flexible movement to connect to every other location in the industry. It’s a serene town with the environment that spells all that connects to rest and peaceful living. I also run my state of the art photo studio (Brownbourg Studios) here in Asaba as well.
Daylight.ng: Aside acting, what else are you into?
I run my organisation (Brownbourg Koncepts) which is a multi faceted business consult that houses my consultancy, event management firm, foundation and my wife’s confectionary outfit.
Daylight.ng: Can you act nude in a movie?
Very broad question, but acting nude is a ‘No Go Area’ for me.
 Daylight.ng: What is your view on Nollywood?
Nollywood is a growing industry with unrivalled potential for nation building and economic transformation. On the other hand however, I believe that with the appropriate exposure and knowledgeable resources we can be positioned to rebrand the image of ‘Brand Africa’ and dominate the global front, with determination it’s something we will achieve in good time.
Daylight.ng: How do you cope with your female fans?
They flock around me steadily but I know the drill and it’s strictly to know the border lines. A fan is forever appreciated for being interested in my work and that’s it.
Daylight.ng: What is the greatest thing acting has done for you?
Hmmm… Acting has gone beyond becoming a vessel of fulfilment for me; it has opened doors to a wider awareness of my reach and potentials in various societal ventures.
Daylight.ng: Do you have role models in Nollywood?
I appreciate great talents in the industry and I also celebrate legends but as regards role models I actually take it beyond so I could understudy global achievers for improved performance in my roles.
Daylight.ng: Who is that Hollywood star you would like to act alongside some day?
Just two of them, Will Smith and Chiwetel Ejiofor.
Daylight.ng: Do you believe in love at first sight?
No I don’t, I believe it’s a decision we make to affect another individual’s life.
Daylight.ng: As an actor in Nollywood, what stands you out?
My personality, my physique, and my ability to adapt to roles given. I could be tough because I look it, I could be gentle because I can act and it goes on and on.
Daylight.ng: If your spouse tells you to quit acting, would you heed the advice?
That is a very tough one but there is a fact I will love to state, and that is ‘my marriage comes first before my acting’

No comments: