Contact: 08099400130, 08023380008 E-mail azuhamtus@yahoo.com

Pages

TWITTER

follow us on twitter:@daylightng

Saturday, April 19, 2014

Winning Miss Benue opened lots of doors for me - Ruth Agbo


Ruth Agbo

In this interview with SHOWBIZPLUSng, pretty and talented Ruth Agbo, the current Miss Benue told us the exciting story of her life. She also spoke passionately on how she’s combining pageantry with acting as well as her love life. Enjoy the encounter. 


Who are you please?
My full name is Agbo Ruth. I’m a graduate of Theatre Art from Benue State University. I am from Benue State and also the current Miss Benue State. Apart from acting, I’m also into modeling. I recently joined Nollywood and have since then starred in few movies including Black Gold, Fate, among others.
What made you embrace acting as a career?
I love acting; it’s what I derive joy from doing. It makes me happy and I really want to go far with it. I will be combining it with other things I do-modeling and pageantry. These are things that give me joy; they have become part of me. I’ve been modeling since 2007, when I was still in tertiary institution. Modeling has been paying my bills since 2008. I was even traveling around the world for shows as at then. Combining all these with school was a bit difficult and that was why I had to wait till around 2012, after graduation before embracing Nollywood.
 As a graduate of Theatre Art, what do you think makes a good actress?
Confidence, carriage, and above all, you have to love what you do. When you love what you do, your acting talents will naturally flow without inhibition. One’s success is already 50% guaranteed when you believe in yourself. Apart from the God’s factor and my natural talents, I think I am excelling in modeling and pageantry because I believe so much in myself. These are two different things-modeling and pageantry. In modeling, you advertise what you wear, so that people will see how good it looks on you and be convinced to buy it. Pageantry has to do with grace-you have to be graceful. People want to see that calm, graceful and ‘queen-like’ girl. You have to go through series of tests after which you can be crowned. I passed through all these stages to emerge Miss Benue.
Are you married?
I’m single, though in a relationship at the moment. At the moment, I’m not ready for marriage. There are still lots of things I want to achieve before venturing into marriage. On the other hand, I think my man also has lots of vision for himself before marriage. So I believe there is time for everything.
What really attracted you to him?
He has a good heart; he is caring and God fearing. He is unique in his own way and I am very cool with him.
How long has this affair lasted?
It’s over a year.
That means you’ve once been heartbroken
(Laughter) I really don’t want to talk about my past relationships. We broke up based on mutual understanding. It wasn’t just working so we decided to go our separate ways. I think the relationship lasted for about three years before it irretrievably collapsed. Till today we are still best friends.
Was him the first man in your life?   
No, he wasn’t.
How does it feel knowing that you are not getting married to your first love?
It all depends. Sometimes, it may be the lady calling it off while some other times it may be the man. Whichever way, once a relationship doesn’t end in acrimonious way I don’t think there is anything to be worried about.
Does that mean you still miss your ex?
Yes, I do. But there is no way I can go back to the relationship. I’ve already moved on. Once in a while we still communicate.
Where do you see yourself in few years from now?
In few years time, maybe three to five years from now, I see myself being married with kids while at same time doing so well in the Nigerian movie industry. I also see myself empowering people through my charity organization because I am very passionate about helping the less privileged ones.
What were you rewarded with as the winner of Miss Benue?
I got a car and a cash prize of N500,000, alongside other prizes. So many companies also offered me some certain things-it was really fun. I was still a student then so I think that was the biggest money I ever earned. Since then, things have really been working out for me and I thank God for that.
What is your philosophy of life like?  
I put God first in all I do. I was brought up in a Godly way. I was this kind of child that grew up knowing that no matter what, nothing can take the place of God in my life. I grew up in that environment so such philosophy of life has been part of me. My upbringing really shaped my life.
What does sex mean to you?
Sex has to do with two people who are in love with each other.
Is it something you do every day?
No! How can I indulge in it every day? I hardly have time for such. As a single girl that lives alone, I think more of something that will add value to my life. I don’t even let people know that I live alone, to avoid male friends from taking advantage of me. I give people the impression that I live with my aunt because I cherish my privacy a lot.
Are there people you look up to in Nollywood?
Yes, there are many of them. Genevieve Nnaji is one of them. I love Mercy Johnson, Joke Silva, Patience Ozokwo. I also love Desmond Elliot. He is one actor that I cherish so much-I love his person.
If you were to date anybody in the industry, who could that be?
I think I would go for Desmond Elliot. I’ve had an encounter with him. He is a very calm and humble person. I admire him a lot.
What did you tell him the last time you met?
I’m not that kind of person that screams and do silly things when I meet someone I admire. I don’t do such-I rather wait for the person to make the move.





No comments: