Contact: 08099400130, 08023380008 E-mail azuhamtus@yahoo.com

Pages

TWITTER

follow us on twitter:@daylightng

Friday, March 14, 2014

Kidney Failure:Nollywood filmmaker, Chike Bryan needs N10m to stay alive



Bryan

Few months after raising the alarm over his failing health, which keeps deteriorating, the President of the Script Writers Guild of Nigeria (SWGN), Chike Bryan, is still appealing for funds to enable him commence full treatment on his kidney failure.
  We went in search of the prolific scriptwriter/actor, at his Ikotun residence, and within 20-minutes, he shared the story of his life threatening ailment, amid difficulties. “Life has not been the same. The pains I go through on daily basiss are something words cannot describe. I need about N10 million to undergo a kidney transplant,” he disclosed in a voice filled with pain.   

 On how it all started, the Enugu State-born filmmaker continued: “I was diagnosed with malfunctioning kidneys in October 2013. One day, I was going to Surulere and as I got into the car I was feeling funny. I threw up and I was in so much pain. I went to the hospital and after a series of admissions and tests, I was told my kidneys were bad and were not functioning again,’ he revealed.

Since then, his life has not been the same. With a thrice-a-week dialysis a must for him, Bryan, the co-producer of the hit flick, Closed Chapter among others, is in dire need of a kidney transplant to save his life.
  ‘I have the choice of a kidney transplant or continue with my dialysis which costs about N45, 000 each for the rest of my life,’ he told EE.
‘The guild and the industry people have tried for me and they have done so well. After initial enquires, we were told we needed N10m for the kidney transplant but this is more than what the guild alone can do for me. I am calling on Nigerians to help me,’ he appealed.
 Bryan, a graduate of Theatre Arts from the University of Calabar, joined the movie industry in 1995 and has since written and directed over 100 movies including Upside Down, The Royal Habit, Revelation and Bad Omen. Married with children, he was also a one-time National Secretary of the Actors Guild of Nigeria (AGN).
For those wishing to help, his bank details are: Chike Bryan Nnamani; Access Bank Plc.
Account No: 0000268736
By JAMES EMMANUEL

5 comments:

city dude said...

So sorry bro!

fredy said...

the Lord will be your strength

Antony said...

Na wa o! God help His children. sorry brother.

Mr willy said...

Gov. Sullivan please do something.

ada said...

Please, well meaning Nigerians should come to his aid. God bless you as you do so.