Contact: 08099400130, 08023380008 E-mail azuhamtus@yahoo.com

Pages

TWITTER

follow us on twitter:@daylightng

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

My songs heal troubled souls-gospel act, Ebiere Pre-gee

The idiom "don't judge a book by its cover" is a metaphorical phrase which means "you shouldn't prejudge the worth or value of something by its outward appearance alone. This statement best captures the amazing world of talented Delta State born singer, Ebiere Pre-gee; despite walking with crutches since she was barely a year old, her singing prowess has continued to enliven most Nigerians who listen to her songs. According to the budding crooner, her songs heal broken hearts, energizes the down trodden and brings lasting joy to the troubled and afflicted. Enjoy the interesting and emotional encounter with Miss Pre-gee as she shares her story with SHOWBIZPLUSng    
Briefly tell us about yourself
My name is Ebiere...and I hail from Delta State. I’m basically into music. I’ve been singing for the past 10 years. I concentrate on contemporary (gospel) and reggae music.
Why the choice of gospel music?
I think that is where I have interest in. I feel that is what I was born to do. I deliberately decided not to veer into other genres of music.
How did music start for you?
I started when I was young. It was within that period that lots of people started telling me that I have a lovely voice. So from there, I started working on myself. My dad was also very supportive; he even gave me money at times for singing well. From there I decided to join the choir, shortly after which I realized I have a call in this area. That was how I made up my mind to go professional with music. I was still around 15-years-old then.
The industry is highly competitive, how do you intend realizing your ambition?
By the special grace of God, I have all it takes to do well in the industry. Apart from the grace of God upon me, my talent and great voice have always been commended by people, especially lovers of gospel songs. I also went to music school where I learned a lot about music.
How far do you want to go with your music?
I want to go worldwide. I want to get to the extent of collaborating with the world biggest names in gospel music. There are lots of people I admire their talents, including Frank Edward, and I hope to do songs with them in future.
Tell us about your forthcoming album
Yes, there are plans to release my first album any moment from now. Most of the songs in the album are actually based on my experiences in life. I also deal more on salvation and most of the songs are salvation based. My songs posses healing power. Lots of people appreciate me and give testify how my songs have positively affected them. And I think it’s the hand work of the Holy Spirit. Sometimes when I on stage, I see myself as a different person; I get posses by the Holy Spirit and lots of things happen.   Music lovers should expect something good from my album. They should expect my best.

As a gospel act, how does it feel walking with crutches?
I was feeling bad about it when I was growing up. I was asking questions, but at a point I became mature and begin to understand that there is a reason for everything. Maybe I wouldn’t have been affecting lives like this if I were not like this.
What brought about your present condition?
It all started when I was barely a year old. It was caused by an injection. I ate something and my stomach got swollen. At the hospital I was taken to, a wrong injection was given to me and it ended up affecting my legs. Since then, I’ve been working with crutches…I’m grateful to the Holy Spirit that has been my source of inspiration.
Tell us more about your background
I’m from a polygamous home; we are 27 in number.  From my mother’s side, we are three and I’m the first born.
How do you advice anyone who is physically challenged?
They shouldn’t give up on themselves. God must have deposited something in everybody…once you have the conviction that you can do it, nothing can stop you.
Are there other things you can do apart from music?
I design cloths. At the moment I’m working on embroidery; I want to get trained on that also. On the other hand, I also have this passion to work as a broadcaster. I’m planning of going to school so I can study something relating to broadcasting- I want combine it with music.
What has life thought you over the years?
Life has taught me not to put my trust on men anymore. I now know that my help comes from God. So I have leant to put my hope on God and God alone.
Tell us more about the foundation that has decided to sponsor your music career
It’s a privilege and I’m very grateful to them. Afresh Global Foundation passion gears towards helping the less privileged; taking the youth out of the street is their passion. The foundation has a music academy that welcome people that want to learn about music, instruments. It also has a radio program that treats global problems, including rape, abortion, and sex, among other youth related issues. The brain behind it is a lady called Nellie Onwuchekwa who is passionate about human growth.  I was invited for a competition and at the end I was chosen by the foundation. Since then (2011) they have been working on me and my album which will be coming out soon.


 By JAMES EMMANUEL
jemedia7@gmail.com



No comments: