Contact: 08099400130, 08023380008 E-mail azuhamtus@yahoo.com

Pages

TWITTER

follow us on twitter:@daylightng

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

X Factor contestants dream of Glo’s N24m



For many contestants in the X Factor show, the rare platform offered by the world’s biggest reality TV show for the realization of one’s dreams to be a music super star remains the biggest motivation. But for a few, however, it is the N24 million cash prize offered by Globacom for the ultimate winner of the contest that is the star attraction to participate in the show.

 This much was evident at the Lagos audition of the show held over the weekend at Dream Studios in Omole, Lagos.
 Mrs. Pat Omohie, 49 year-old mother of three daughters from Delta State, who doubles as a musician and actress by profession, says she has her eyes firmly fixed on the prize money. Mrs.  Omohie who currently stars in a popular Television soap opera Tinsel, with a music album entitled “keeper of my head” to her credit, hopes to win the X Factor singing competition to help boost her musical career which she said is currently at a “struggling level”. She, however, hopes that the prize money of 24 Million will go a long way to make a difference in her life.

For 21 year-old orphan, Victory Udoh from Akwa Ibom, a student of a French School in Benin Republic, Glo’s N24 million will transform her life. “I will dedicate the win to the memory of my late mum who died of cancer just four years after our father died,” she stated. According to her, “since our mother died, paying my school fees has been my greatest problem. But as very determined person I hope to win the prize money to lift my siblings from suffering and also establish my singing career,” she said after her auditions.
 As for 27 year-old Edo-based Chichi Agu, she is in the competition for the prize money. After qualifying for the next round, she excitedly declared: “If I win the N24 million, I will use the money to improve my singing career and also open a dancing school because I love dancing a lot”.
 On what she intent to gain from the auditioning, she stated, “I hope to learn from the judges and professional instructors that will be there to sharpen our skills in the house”. Chichi is not new to singing auditioning as she had before now participated in other singing reality shows including Glo Naija Sings, Peak Talent Show, Nigeria Idol, and Amstel Malta Box Office.
Similarly, a physically challenged singer, Sly Kelly, aged 29, said he would use the money to transform his status in life. “I am fully determined not to allow my disability to discourage me. Like every other person here, I hope to make a difference if selected and if I win, I will also use part of the money to assist other talented singers who have one disability or another.
Sir Ben Joe, another physically challenged contestant, said he would invest the money in promoting his musical career. He added that he would also spend part of the money on the good things of life.



No comments: