Contact: 08099400130, 08023380008 E-mail azuhamtus@yahoo.com

Pages

TWITTER

follow us on twitter:@daylightng

Wednesday, March 8, 2017

My favorite food is Agege bread , Ewa Agoin – Tiwa Savage

Image result for Tiwa Savage





Tiwa Savage is one musician who deserves plaudits for how far she has come in the Nigerian music industry. Personal mishaps aside, she remains one of the top players in the game.

She recently had an interview with NotJustOk where she revealed a lot of interesting details about her career, her relationship with Mavin Records and the workings of the Nigerian music industry.

On why she is not leaving Mavin Records:
Mavin is family. Don Jazzy was there with me during, throughout the negotiation of the deal. No, I am not leaving. Mavin is still family. I have not left Mavin. [The Roc Nation contract] is a management deal and Mavin still remains my label. I just signed with Roc Nation under management contract. Mavin is still my label.
On how the industry is still male –dominated:
I am in no way saying I am the only female artiste – there are incredible female artistes in Africa. I’m saying that I don’t want to continue to be in that category. So, I think one of the things we can do is when you nominate artistes or best artistes to also include females, because it is always ‘Best female’. And you hardly see female artistes in Best Artiste, best Album, Best Single. It is still male -dominated.
On her best food:
My best food is Bread, Agege Bread to be precise and I like it with Ewa Agoin.
Who knew! . naij

No comments: