Contact: 08099400130, 08023380008 E-mail azuhamtus@yahoo.com

Pages

TWITTER

follow us on twitter:@daylightng

Thursday, June 23, 2016

Bimbo Akintola Speaks On How Joke Silva Influenced Her Acting Career

bimbo akintola and joke silva








Nollywood actress, Bimbo Akintola has dished on how veteran actress and film school founder, Joke Silva influenced her career and changed her father’s perception of actors after he came to watch her on stage.

In a recent interview, Bimbo Akintola who made her acting debut in a 1995 movie titled ‘Owo Blow’ said, ‘Joke SIlva has done a lot, but it’s not even about the things that she did, it’s about the things she didn’t realize that she did’.
She explained further, ‘my father thought actors were never–dowell, you know how it is. Because at that time, most of the actors we had were so passionate about the art that even though they weren’t making money, they were happy to be in the arts’.
‘They were poor people, and what my father saw was me choosing a life of poverty, and he couldn’t understand it. “Okay if you don’t want to do anything else, go study English and become a teacher,’  he said. He wanted me to do so many other things’.
Bimbo Akintola and Joke Silva have both appeared together on a number of productions including ‘Hear Word’, ‘Keeping Faith’, ‘Lasgidi Cops’ and more.
Bimbo Akintola

Speaking on how she was able to finally convince her father to give into her choice of career,  Bimbo said, ‘We argued about if for a while, and I won because I knew I wouldn’t be happy doing any other thing. But he still wasn’t happy about it. And then I got to do this job with Aunty Joke, and I told her about my struggle with my dad. She said ‘Oh, bring him to the performance,’ and I did.
‘My father met her and he was so impressed by Aunty Joke that he didn’t care. He was just thinking ‘if this is the sort of person that is an actor, then my daughter should be an actor.’  From then it was okay. It wasn’t the awards, it was just meeting Aunty Joke’---STARGIST.COM
















No comments: