Contact: 08099400130, 08023380008 E-mail azuhamtus@yahoo.com

Pages

TWITTER

follow us on twitter:@daylightng

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Sexy star actress, Benita Nzeribe opens up on her love life, says: 'There is a new man in my life'

Benita Nzeribe
Effervescentand and sexy Anambra State-born talented actress, Benita Nzeribe is one of the most popular faces wowing Nollywood since inception. 
In this chat monitored by SHOWBIZPLUSng, the Nigerian Airspace Management Agency (NAMA) ambassador talks passionately about her career, early days, endorsements and how she rejuvenated her love life with the new Romeo rocking her world.

 
 
 
You always dress glamorously on red carpets, what are your fashion secrets?
Like today, (Express Star Awards night), I dress English. My comfort determines my mode of dressing. Then, the environment that I am going to too also has an effect on my dressing. You can’t catch me wearing an all covered dress in a hot and sunny day.
I love brown coloured dresses, if I don’t wear brown clothes, then at least I would wear a shade of brown as accessories.  I also don’t do too many make-ups. Just a light one and I’m good for the day. I hate loud make-ups.
 
 
What can’t you leave home without?
My wristwatch, because of time. You have to be a mathematician and also very time conscious to survive in Lagos. The traffic is just killing.
The most expensive item I have is my diamond wristwatch, but I didn’t buy it. It was a gift. Because for me, I can’t use that kind of money to buy just an item. I am a pure Igbo girl, so you don’t expect me to try such.
 
 
As a NAMA Ambassador, what have you been up to?
I have been up to lots of good things.  We have three TV commercials on air. We also have some other projects but I am not permitted to talk about it. We are working on a soccer TV programme. Chioma Chukwa Akpotha, Kanu Nwankwo and me.  It has lots of oil companies as its supporters; we hope more companies would join too.
 
 
But you’ve been away from the big screen for some time now. What have you been up to?
I was really not away. One thing about entertainment is that no one ever leaves it. I have been around and I’m active. I do jobs that come my way but I am a very patient person and not swayed at all . I have not been away from the big screen. I just have a different project and responsibility on my shoulders and I’m moving on by the grace of God.
There is a movie I did that would be premiered in London this month. The movie premiere also fell on my birthday, so I would be celebrating it over there. Once I am back, I will head for location for Chico Ejiro films. We would be shooting a TV commercial too.
 
 
There are lots of young and active stars springing up, are you shaken?
No! Not at all. The Nigerian movie industry is a very big place that can accommodate all of us. I am not shaken at all.
 
 
What is next on the line for the Benita Brand?
I am full of surprises. I am still here in the industry. I don’t blow my trumpet, I just let things happen. People won’t stop complimenting me for always looking young and fresh, they just don’t know how long I have been in the industry. I don’t want to compete with anybody; I am just me, myself and I.
 
 
 
Do you have plans of producing own movie?
If it was movie production, I would have done it since. I mustn’t follow the trend of all actors turning to producers. I am an actress and I want to stick to that.
 
 
 
You are still looking very young and fresh, what is the secret of your youthfulness?
(laughs). I drink lots of water, but one other thing is that people don’t know that I started acting at a very young age. I hit stardom when I was just 18. Then I was using heavy make-ups so people can’t detect my age. I was playing the roles of big ladies and even mothers, but only few people knew my real age.
 
 
 
Are there plans for marriage any time soon?
Of course. Very soon, you will get the news. I have been plucked by the lucky man. But I won’t tell you much about him now. Just know that very soon, you will get all the juicy news you have been craving for.
 
 
 
Any pet projects?
I have a lot of things I do and I have my own foundation, but I don’t like talking about it because I feel it does not need to be in public view. I have a class of widows I help in the society and less privileged children but I don’t like talking about them.
As you very well know, I am a UN Peace Ambassador and as such stand for world peace. Ambassadors work towards peace from the grassroots. Personally, I am more convinced than ever before that there should be peace in the inner minds of every human being created by God. Sadly, not every human being has been able to discover that inner mind and access the peace that is much needed for its growth and development for success.
World peace is still a tall order in our world today.  However, nothing is impossible with God. I shall continue to call on Him for strength and direction as I pursue this awesome assignment. World peace must be achieved to an impressive percentage.
Secondly, as the Air Safety Ambassador of Nigeria which was bestowed on me by the Nigerian Airspace Management Agency (NAMA), there is also a job to do. The aviation sector has recorded huge achievements under this current administration.
 
 
 
How was your growing up days?
My growing up days was full of fun because I have disciplined parents. I went to a Convent school and I think that explains how I came about my disciplined self.
 
Could you share with us some of those boring experiences you had while growing?
All I can remember is that all the partying that has to do with teens was never part of my experience. But I guess, it helped me to keep disciplined till date.
 
 
Do you regret not being allowed to enjoy your childhood days?
I don’t feel like I missed out at all. In fact, it’s rare to see me in a night club because I have been fashioned that way. It’s not like I’m saying it’s wrong to party, everyone should just do whatever makes them happy.
RITA OKOYE-ENTERTAINMENT EXPRESS

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Benita was over 20yrs when. She started acting biko.