Contact: 08099400130, 08023380008 E-mail azuhamtus@yahoo.com

Pages

TWITTER

follow us on twitter:@daylightng

Thursday, August 21, 2014

Finally: Keshi dumps Eagles


Keshi

Former Super Eagles Head Coach, Stephen Keshi has ended his romance with the team following the failure of the crisis ridden Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) to improve on his first contract.
Keshi’s contract expired after the team sojourn at the FIFA World Cup in Brazil ended with a 2-0 loss to France in the second round.
After the tournament, Keshi and the NFF are yet to reach an agreement for him to continue coaching the Super Eagles.
The coach disclosed on Brilafm recently that there was no way he would accept the offer the football house offered him.
According to him, NFF’s failure to improve on his first contract was an indication that they don’t want him any more.

“If really NFF is serious, they are not going to propose the same condition that I had for two and half years, expecting me to take it for another four years. That means they don’t want me, indirectly they’re telling me they don’t want me, we can understand that.
Keshi expressed regret at the treatment met to him on the premise that he missed several job opportunities that came his way, saying he can’t wait any longer.
“I can’t wait that long, no, no, no. I’ve missed a lot of opportunities from other countries. “It’s not only South Africa , I had Gabon and co, I can’t wait anymore. I wish the team well. I am happy with the players but you know my career also needs to move.”
To prove that he has no ill feeling against anybody, Keshi informed that he gave the names of 23 players invited for the 2015 Africa Cup of Nations double header matches against Congo on September 6 in Calabar and South Africa four days later in Cape /Town
“I don’t have enemies. I still have the board in mind. The board and I, we talk. And of course, my secretary is one heck of a guy, he called me about two weeks ago and said coach we want you to do this for us, I said ah! I don’t have contract with Nigeria how can I do such a thing. We are at peace; we are at peace, no matter what. We took our time. Trying to see who and who has been playing pre-season friendly games. We came out with the 23-man list.
“I hope they’ll be able to use that and get a good result against Congo ,” Keshi said.
Daily Independent -

No comments: