Contact: 08099400130, 08023380008 E-mail azuhamtus@yahoo.com

Pages

TWITTER

follow us on twitter:@daylightng

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Why I hate wearing bikini - model/actress, Celine Onwuchekwa


Celine
 In this encounter, beautiful and sexy Abia State-born actress cum model Celine Onwuchekwa shares with SHOWBIZPLUSng some of her best kept secrets, especially why she does not like flaunting her body in bikini like most of her colleagues. Enjoy the UNILAG undergraduate


Background


My name is Miss Celine Onwuchekwa. I am an engineer in the making. I am a model, an actress, a script writer and I also have a strong flare for the entertainment industry. I intend to move my love of entertainment into another level soon.


You are so much into entertainment, so why studying engineering?


It is one thing to study something and another thing to have a passion and talent for other things.  Engineering is a degree I want to have but acting and entertainment are my passion.


Are you still going to study any arts related course?


No, I never wanted to study Arts in school. I just want the Engineering certificate. I am into petroleum and gas sector of engineering but I honestly don’t see myself in the near future wearing a helmet and practicing engineering as a profession.



But that sector is on high demand, why would you want to give all that up?


Probably when I am ready to become the petroleum minister, I would go dust up my certificate and make good use of it. Until then, I am still sticking with the entertainment sector.



So, how long have you really been into the entertainment industry?


It has been over six years. But I must confess; acting has always been in me since I was born. Like my mum would say, I always act in front of the mirror. I also write lots of stories when I was much younger.



When did it start paying off?

I just walked into an agency and registered with them. Then, I started getting small ushering and modeling jobs. Since then, I have been pushing it and refused to give up.



Can you recall any of the big companies you have modeled for?

I have done lots of catalogs, but I don’t easily remember their names. I have done jobs for Sleek Magazine, Nigerite (TV commercial), and some runways jobs too. I am not too tall though, so I used to wear very high heels that place me up there.



How far have you gone with your acting career?

I have done couple of short movies but they are not out in the market yet, I don’t know what the problem is, but I know they would soon be out. Then some short stage plays in Port-Harcourt. I am still looking forward to starring in a film that would be in the Cinemas, especially here in Lagos.



Do you have your own project at hand?

Yes, I am currently working on my fashion show. I want to have a platform where designers would come and showcase their works. I already have my designers on ground, but especially for the up and coming ones. It is going to be a night of music, comedy, fashion and what have you.  I just want everybody that would come to my show to have fun.



When is this show coming up?

For now, the proposed date is September 5, 2014 but we might postpone it to a later date or move it backward pending on the outcome of the sponsors.



What are the plans you are putting in place to make sure the day turns out a huge success?


I am a young lady who is doing this on her own, I must tell you, it hasn’t been easy for me. I have been running around, sending proposals to companies, calling up for supports and at the same time calling out to government officials to come show their support to the entertainment industry. I am doing everything I can to make it a success because it is going to be an annual event. It promises to be the talk of town.



What motivates a young girl like you to put up such a huge project?


Lots of people have been discouraging and doubting me, but I am not going to give up. I am going to push it till I see it become a huge success.

I want to crave an inch for myself and make a remarkable statement in Nigerian entertainment industry. I am giving opportunity to young talents because I want to encourage the up and coming ones. There are lots of talented people out there, but nobody is giving them a chance or platform to showcase their talents, that is what I am doing.

However, my mother is also a huge motivation to me. She would always tell me never give up in whatever I am doing. Those words have kept me going. My daddy, who is also an engineer, gives me his full support too.



You look so young, focused and determined, how old are you?


I am an adult. But if you really want to know my age, all I can say is that I am in my early 20s.



What’s your boyfriend’s take in all these things you are doing?

Who told you there is a boyfriend somewhere? What is the sign that I have a boyfriend? Well, he has really been good and very supportive to my career.



With all these things you are trying to put together, do you still have time for him?

Yea! Of course, I do. I still find time for him. I am not always as busy as you think. Besides, there is time for everything.



So, when is the wedding bell going to ring?

Don’t worry, I promise you’d be the first to know when it rings. For now, I don’t know but looking forward to it.



How was your growing up days like?

Growing up days was so much fun. I grew up with awesome parents. My father might not be Dangote or Adenuga, but he gave me the best of life. I never lacked anything as a child. I could easily say that I was born with a silver spoon because I never starved for one day. I had everything a child could have asked for. I had just two siblings and I am the first child.

I am from Abia State but born and brought up in Rivers State. I spent most of my education days in Port-Harcourt but having my University here in Lagos, (UNILAG).



Your daddy is an engineer, so he wanted you to become one, but you are deviating, what was his reaction?


At first, he wasn’t cool with my decision. Just like a father who loves his child, his major objective would be for his child to be happy. That was just what my father did; he just had to let me do it, so I would be happy. As far as I would keep a clean slate, be scandal free, he is okay with my love for the entertainment industry.



How do you intend to keep a clean slate, considering the messy state of Nigerian entertainment industry?

I have been doing that since and would keep fighting to stay afloat. I will try as much as I can to stay off scandal of any sort.



How about the sex for roles for budding acts like you?

It’s a self-discipline act. It is just for you to say no and stick to it. I have experienced them, but I object and stand by it. Nobody has to force anybody to sleep with anybody, the choice is yours.



How about nudity or explicit exposure for a cool pay?

No! Nudity is an act I will never play. No matter how much I am being paid, I will never find myself acting nude. But I can try decent exposures. I could wear a bum-short, but that is the highest I can go.  I can’t expose more than that.



So what can’t you be caught dead wearing?

A bikini.



Why?

I have nothing against it, but personally, I don’t just like it. I don’t even do modeling jobs that would make me expose my body or wear a bikini. No matter what I am offered, I can never wear a bikini or expose too much of my body.

There is no thing people don’t understand; different people come into the industry for different reasons. Some came in for the money, some for the fame but I am into it because of my passion for entertainment.



Do you fear people would condemn your body if you show if off?

No! Far from that. There is really a limit to what I can do. I just like leaving lots for the thoughts not the eyes.



Are you engaged?

I don’t want to go into details about my relationship. But I promise I will in our next interview. For now, let us focus on my forthcoming fashion show.


 We are tagging it ‘Fab Nite’.  We are going to have red carpet for like two hours, then other things would follow. Some of the designers that are already on ground are J.A April, Bumble B. Tread, and a couple of others.

2 comments:

West Africa Make-up Palettles said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
West Africa Make-up Palettles said...

Nice one Celine, the sky is your starting point.