Contact: 08099400130, 08023380008 E-mail azuhamtus@yahoo.com

Pages

TWITTER

follow us on twitter:@daylightng

Thursday, August 14, 2014

Ebola:10 Leading entertainers open up on why they're scared + How they're coping



Don Jazzy

As the Ebola Virus Disease (EVD) continues to spread and kill many in some West African countries, including Nigeria, ten leading entertainers in this voxpop pieced together by SHOWBIZPLUSng, opened up on why they are scared of contacting the contagious deadly disease and how they are also coping amid tensions and fears.

Don Jazzy
I’m not really scared of Ebola, I am just being careful. When you are enlightened, you are half way away from the problem. We should all help in spreading the right news. Tell a friend to tell a friend that Ebola is real and stop spreading false rumours. There is a rumour spreading that bathing with salt and water prevents Ebola that is untrue.
Yemi Alade
We should be scared of Ebola. When you are scared you become more careful. My fear has not kept me in the house though. I still go out and carry out my normal duties. But I am still scared and very careful.
Alibaba
I am very scared and careful and I think everybody should be too. Ebola is too infectious and it doesn't play. Anybody can fall victim; the doctor treating the sick, nurses attending, ambulance driver, the reporter of the story. We should also be guided at the many rumours of ways to cure the virus. The way several attempts have been reported from left, right and centre, I won’t be surprised if we wake up to hear "drink goat piss".
Waje
Ebola is a scary thing. Anybody that loves his or her own life should be scared and careful. We all know the country has no ammunition or training to curb the disease. That is why we are scared. I still go out though, but I am very careful on where I go and the people I come in contact with.
 Juliet Ibrahim
Ebola Virus is very serious and we should truly be scared. It shouldn't be taken lightly at all by anyone, which is why I am appalled by how lightly many people have taken it. I have really been highly disappointed in everyone sending silly BCs and posting pictures mocking Ebola.
Charles Novia
To be honest with you I have minimized the way I go out and how much I get in contact with people. It is likely that many people will die from hysteria and panic over this Ebola scourge than from the real virus itself so we have to be very careful about the kind of information that goes around.
Emma Nyra
I think the right information should be the priority now. The Ebola Virus has killed many people and we are scared it might kill more again. Personally, I have been very careful myself, so as to minimize the chances of getting the virus. I don’t go out unless it is very important and I avoid handshakes and hugs as much as I can.
Tunde Obe
We are scared of the Ebola Virus. Anybody who tells you that he or she is not scared is lying. The Ebola thing is real; see the way the salt in my house finished when they said salt kills the virus. That is to tell how scared people are.
Sunny Neji
I won't lie; I actually had my bath with salt water. I don't know how many others fell for that bad joke but I’m not sorry I fell for it. Ebola Virus is deadly and I will do anything recommended by anybody to protect myself. I have reduced my contact with people and keep my eyes opened. We all should do that also.
Omawumi
I am scared of the Ebola Virus. I mean who wouldn't be scared when it’s killing people more than HIV. It is very deadly which is why personally I have decided to reduce the way I go out. I want to also plead to the United States government to give the experimental drugs to people in Africa. We know it has not been proven yet, but human lives should come first.

No comments: