Contact: 08099400130, 08023380008 E-mail azuhamtus@yahoo.com

Pages

TWITTER

follow us on twitter:@daylightng

Friday, August 16, 2013

Insiders allege: Tonto Dikeh on suicide watch



 Although controversial actress Tonto Dikeh has made herself a permanent fixture in the media space, it was a big surprise when the news circulated earlier in the week that she attempted suicide.
The news created an online frenzy that went viral on blogs.
Indeed the story turned out true but belated. Tonto’s self-destructive act of suicide actually happened in June. But the detail of the Dirty Secret actress’ suicidal attempt is being closely guarded by those in the know.  The true story, an insider who was privy to the grisly details asserted, is better left unsaid.
“She really wanted to end her own life if not for the intervention of good friends,”
According to popular blogger, Linda Ikeji, who claimed to hear about the incident, “I didn't want to write about it to make things worse. It was too delicate. But I know now that she's over that phase in her life and is doing great, so we can now talk about it and help others who are going through same.”
The news became public knowledge courtesy of the actress’ self-confession in an attempt to advice a fan who had messaged her about his own depression and his proclivity for the suicide option.
“Hey peeps, I want to take a minute to talk about depression…I got a private message from a fan talking about killing himself, I wanted to help him so I decided to share my own issues too...” Tonto’s tweets revealed.
Her tweet ended with a declaration that “I have conquered depression. I have won the battle,” a position she later reiterated on her Beat FM interview. “I fight my own demons...I get weak...I have crazy thoughts...but I got over it...I am embracing life now."
However, information from sources close to the daring actress revealed that she is being closely monitored by friends and family. A close source even averred that her behaviours in recent months have become erratic and sometimes weird and have been a source of concern for her family and friends. “Friends who have moved in are still living with her and are keeping a close watch over her,” the source who preferred to be anonymous revealed.
Of what could have instigated her to attempt suicide, a close source averred that the constant bashing she received from the media must have pushed her over the edge. Others believed her suicidal instinct was triggered by the actress’ substance abuse, especially marijuana.  Still another school of thought postulated that her depression was triggered by the growing ostracism she’s facing in Nollywood.
“Her behaviour is not yet stabilized,” the source affirmed.
By MUSA JUBRIL

No comments: