Contact: 08099400130, 08023380008 E-mail azuhamtus@yahoo.com

Pages

TWITTER

follow us on twitter:@daylightng

Thursday, July 28, 2016

Why I’m combining music with medical studies – Miebim Dappa


image1
Miebim Dappa




By AZUH AMATUS





Since 2013, when he embraced music fully and professionally, Miebim Dappa has not looked back.


image2
Dappa

Although, a medical student at CATS College, Canterbury, United Kingdom, but his passion for music is unequalled.
This 17 year-old budding talent, who just dropped the video of his wave-making single-Number One, is no doubt poised to take over the music scene, both at home and globally.

image3
Dappa

In this chat with DAYLIGHT.NG, the gifted crooner and emerging music star passionately spoke on how his sojourn in the nation’s highly competitive music industry began as well as other germane issues. Enjoy the encounter…

Tell us about yourself.
My name is Miebim Dappa, I’m 17 years old, I’m resident/based in Lagos State. Currently schooling in the CATS College, Canterbury, UK, studying Medicine.

When and how did your romance with music start?
I started doing music with my friend a while back; in 2013.  I didn’t see it as a big thing then and thought it was only something for my friends to listen to and enjoy. After a while though, I noticed a lot of people (family, friends, and acquaintances) began to appreciate my music, thus the idea popped into my head: “Why not do this professionally and see how far it goes?”

What kind of music do you do and why?
I do afro-beat, because that’s what is highly appreciated in Nigeria.

Have you recorded any songs yet, and if yes tell us about them?
I’ve recorded a couple of songs. I just released a video for my latest single, Number One, directed by Paul Gambit. As for the next releases, we’ll just have to wait and see.


What will stand you out as a musician?
My message, drive, and determination.

Who are the established musicians you look up to and why?
I look up to Wizkid, Davido, Olamide, Reekado Banks, to mention but a few. This is because I see how hard they’ve   worked all these years to reach where they are now, which is motivational. I’m inspired by their positions and how they  rose  to their peak.

How will you combine your music with academics?
By setting my priorities right; simply by creating a balance between my academics and my passion (music).

Where and where have you performed?
I have performed at various events. But to mention a few – DRB concert with my friend and Grange School, Lagos.

What are your projections as an artiste?
My projections as an artiste are to ensure my music is appreciated and spread far and wide, whilst showing my fans love.

What are your hobbies?
Football is my number 1 sport. When I’m free from my books and need to take a break from music, I play football with my friends.

Most artistes usually run into trouble with women and weed, how will you guard against that?
I love my female fans; a big shout out to them! I hate drugs and won’t partake in such; it’s all about discipline, family up-bringing and personal principles.

Your parents are obviously in support of your music career, how did you sell the idea to them?
A big shout out to my parents! Let’s just say it’s all God’s doing. It wasn’t easy gaining their support, but with the help of my brother and aunt, and prayers, I was able to gain their support. Also, I assured them that music won’t affect my academics in any way, because for me, my academics is very important. So far, I haven’t disappointed my family and I pray I don’t, God helping me.

No comments: