Contact: 08099400130, 08023380008 E-mail azuhamtus@yahoo.com

Pages

TWITTER

follow us on twitter:@daylightng

Monday, November 27, 2017

I would have gone far in the movie industry if I was educated - Mr Latin

Image result for Bolaji Amusan


Veteran Yoruba actor Bolaji Amusan popularly known as Mr Latin has carved a niche for himself in the industry due to his comic roles in home videos. 

Mr Latin who is now a student at the National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN), studying Peace and Conflict Resolution in a recent interview opened up why it took him 35 years to go back to school. 

Speaking with Punch, the movie star disclosed that if he studied when he was younger he would have gone far in the entertainment industry. 

I would have gone far in the movie industry if I was educated - Actor Mr Latin



Mr Latin said: “John Okafor and others are fantastic actors and comedians but they are not better than us. They are just fortunate to be speaking a universally-accepted language and they are all graduates too. 

So, if I can add a little bit of education to my profile, I believe I will go places. That has been my determination and I am working towards it.” The actor added that he may be lucky to get a political appointment just like his peers. He added that after all his colleague Odunlade Adekola and Gani Adams went back to school. 

I would have gone far in the movie industry if I was educated - Actor Mr Latin



Mr Latin: “I don’t know what will happen tomorrow. I may be fortunate to venture into politics or I may be fortunate to have a friend in the Presidency, who is passionate about the theatre and thinks I can be of help. But if I don’t have a certificate to back it up, I will not be able to do it. I know it is not easy combining acting and schooling but I try to make both work. It is all about having a scale of preference and using your time well. I work during the day and I study at night. I make use of the Internet well too. Gani Adams went back to school and it has paid off. Same thing applies to Odunlade Adekola. I just implore everyone to add education to whatever we do so that people will appreciate us better. On why it took him 35 years to realise the importance of education, he said I came from a very poor background. My mother sold ogi (pap) while my father was a hunter. They could not afford to send me to the university. I had to work hard to get to where I am today. Now that I can eat two times in a day, I can afford to send myself to school too.” naij

No comments: