Contact: 08099400130, 08023380008 E-mail azuhamtus@yahoo.com

Pages

TWITTER

follow us on twitter:@daylightng

Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Rapper 50 Cent hints at music retirement

Image result for Rapper 50 Cent hints at music retirement



Rapper 50 Cent is hinting at retiring from music following the release of his much-delayed album Street King Immortal.

The album was supposed to hit stores in 2011, but it has yet to be released. The In Da Club star is keen to finish the project, but reveals he has no plans to start work on a follow-up after it's done.
"You know how some artists got to have confirmation that they're right?" he asks MuscleandFitness.com. "I have that confirmation in f**king 35, 40 million (albums) that I already sold."
The 41-year-old also explains he sometimes tires of playing some of his older music during his shows.
"I think every (artist) gets tired of it, creatively," he continues. "There is a point when a new idea is exciting. (But) when your first impression is the largest-selling hip-hop album, then people want to hear that music. It's the right balance and combination - the new song or energy is what I want to perform at that point. I'll do that and blend in the hits."
If the rapper steps away from music, he will be able to focus on his hit show Power and his other acting work. The series is the highest-rated original show on America's Starz network, but 50 Cent, who also serves as an executive producer, is upset it has not been nominated for any awards.
"I'm only interested in the numbers because the numbers are my trophy," he says. "It's the highest-rated original series, and it's still invisible. It hasn't even been nominated (for an Emmy). It's the way my career has gone. I had the largest-selling debut album and I got no Best New Artist (Grammy) trophy (either)."
50's comments emerge days after Power was again snubbed by the Hollywood Foreign Press Association in the nominations for the 2017 Golden Globe Awards, prompting the star to urge show writers to kill off his character.
Taking to Instagram, he wrote: "I accept my series POWER was not intended to be a signature show for the network but it is the highest rated show. I know my audience very well, I'm done promoting this out side of contractual obligations. SEASON 4 KANAN MUST DIE, I got other s**t to do."
The New York-based drama was recently renewed for seasons four and five by executives at Starz.peoplemusic.com

No comments: