Contact: 08099400130, 08023380008 E-mail azuhamtus@yahoo.com

Pages

TWITTER

follow us on twitter:@daylightng

Friday, December 5, 2014

Interview: Nobody can stop me from going nude if the pay is right - Top actress, Liz Da Silva


                                                                         


Liz

In this interview with SHOWBIZPLUSng, popular Yoruba actress and producer, Liz Da Silva shares her intimate secrets. She also spoke passionately about her forthcoming Ankara Day show, why she would act nude in movies and many more.

 You are popularly known as Liz Da Silva, What are your real names?
My real names are Elizabeth Omowunmi  Tekovi Da Silva
How would you describe yourself?
I am a cool, God fearing and honest person.
How did you join the movie industry?
I ventured into the industry in 2004 through Iyabo Ojo, she has been very helpful to me as a friend
Who inspired your going into the movie world?
 I got inspired into the theatre world from my secondary school days when we used to do school drama.
  What was the title of the first movie you featured in and how was your first experience like?
I can’t remember the title of my first movie but I can remember that I played only one scene in it.
 From 2004 till now, how many movies have you featured in?
I have lost count.
 Have you produced any movie to your credit?
Yes, I’ve produced few movies, my first movie was in 2007, it was entitled Ore l’ore Nwoto. Others include Desire, Itanje, Mama Insurance, Alebu kan, Mawo’badan and Tasere which is the most recent movie
The story is in town that you want to stage a show, could you tell us about it?
The project I’m having at hand now is entitled ‘Ankara Day’. It is fixed for December 27, 2014 at Timesquare Event Centre, Ikeja, Lagos.
-Why Ankara day event?         
The concept behind Ankara day is to promote unity of Africans through our culture, assist the less privileged through donations made on ‘Ankara day’ yearly, to organize fashion pageants for developing youths, positive behaviour towards our cultural costumes, to elevate and appreciate our culture through our way of life, e.g our mode of dressings, to keep our bond as actors. The programmes for the event include: choreography, stage play (pantomime), Ewi, panegyric music, fashion parade, dance troupe and musical performance. Popular actress Toyin Aimakhu will anchor the event, while Wasiu Alabi Pasuma among others will entertain the guests.
Could you tell us the challenges you have faced in the last 10 years in the industry?
I’ve encountered so many challenges both positive and negative which is normal in everything you do in life. If you want to be successful in life, you have to go through challenges.
 Did you go through a formal theatre training?
Yes, I got trained by Ray Eyiwunmi
As a married actress with happy home, what advice would you give to your colleagues who do not have a stable home or who are divorced?   
Why are you so particular about the movie industry, divorce occurs in every profession
In that aspect, my advice goes to every woman to be patient with their husband and always be prayerful.
How supportive is your husband to your career?
He is 100% supportive                              
If you have the opportunity, what would you like to change about yourself?
if it’s possible for me to still be tall, I want height.
Don’t you feel threatened by some new faces coming into the industry?
Why should I? I’m sure when I got into the industry my senior colleagues didn’t feel threatened!
Meanwhile, the sky  is so wide for every bird to fly
What’s the joy of being married as an actress?
The joy of being married as a woman and have a happy home with my good family
Could you have a joint account with your husband?
I will if he will be the one putting money in the account, if not, I can’t have a joint account with him. 
As a married actress, are you selective with movie roles?
Either married or not ,as an actress, you should pick some roles.
I can play every role as a professional but there are some roles I won’t do that our culture does not permit
What could make you cry?     
I could cry for joy, if I’m excited about some things. I’m also an emotional person.
 Who is your role model in the industry?
My role model is Bukky Wright
Some of your colleagues are   delving into politics, do you see yourself doing the same in the future?

No, I can’t do it but I’m in support of those delving into it wholeheartedly.
What’s your background like?
I was born in Obalende, Lagos. After my nursery/primary and secondary educations, I later proceeded to LASU on Anthony campus, Lagos for further studies.
What would be your reaction if you are paired with an actor with mouth odour to kiss in a romantic role?
I won’t kiss him because I won’t be comfortable. I will tell my director about it to tell him to mouthwash
As a married actress, If you have #1 billion offer to act nude in a movie, would you accept the tempting offer?
If I confirm the money is paid into my account, I will act nude.
Won’t you consider your husband before you accept the offer?
I’m sure my husband will be happy about it if he confirmed my account is loaded
The Yoruba movie industry is factionalized, which of the factions do you belong?
I belong to every faction that exists in the industry.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

rEMEMBER WHEN THE MONEY FINISH YOUR OWN DON FINISH, once woman expose her privacy, nothing again to show.