Contact: 08099400130, 08023380008 E-mail azuhamtus@yahoo.com

Pages

TWITTER

follow us on twitter:@daylightng

Monday, January 13, 2014

Quadri, Aimakhu, Ikeduba others dazzle in Alapandede... As movie premieres February 9


Aimakhu
After many months of concerted efforts in shooting a new Yoruba movie entitled Alapandede, the producer, Akintayo Foluke has concluded plans to launch the much expected flick on February 9, at Leisure Spring Hotel, Iwo Road, Osogbo, Osun State.
The painstakingly shot big budget movie which is ready to serenade and endlessly wow movie buffs has a mind-blowing theme of morals, nemesis and issues that interest and captivate all and sundry. “Even the title is something you have to research before you can understand what it means. The major aim of the movie is to teach our people morals. It elaborates on the fact that whatever one sows is what he will reap. It teaches one to be patient in life; not to look for money by all means,” Akintayo hinted.  

In the words of the producer, whose husband, Hon. Amere Akintayo, is currently representing Ayedire/ Iwo / Ola-Oluwa constituency, in the Federal House of Assembly, the movie does not only aim at entertaining, but educating Nigerians in the basic issues of life. “Nigerians should be on the lookout for the movie. It is loaded with lessons.
“I am launching it in Oshogbo because I want to use it to honour my Governor, Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola.  He is the Chief Host while his wife, Alhaja Sherifat Aregbesola is the mother of the day. It will be graced by the crème la crème of the society which includes some members of the federal house of reps. It promises to be grandeur and groovy,” she disclosed.
Leading entertainers that sparkled and sizzled in this highly anticipated movie include, Murphy Afolabi, Yinka Quadri, Toyin Aimakhu, Kelvin Ikeduba, among others.
Akintayo further gave an overview of her person and career: “I have my hands on different pies. I’m an actress, producer, caterer and a teacher. I also own a school called Easy Path Nursery and Primary school, and a run a fast food named Exclusive Taste Arena. Some of the movies I have featured in include, Omo shubi, Sarah, Ologbo Gigolo, Wasila Coded, among others. I have been around in the entertainment industry for long, but I have never really had much time to concentrate on it because of other things I do. It is something I have loved over the years. Alapandede is my first production and I hope to produce more this year,” she hinted.
On her view about the Nigerian movie industry, the highly respected Osun State-born woman noted: “The Nigerian movie industry is one of the best in the world. There has been lots of improvements. We are not there yet, but we will get there. There are still many things we have not gotten right and I wish the government can come to our aids. This issue of piracy is really a big challenge. It is not easy to put in money into a production and end up not reaping it back,”
According to Akintayo, Gods grace and the passion she has towards everything she does have remained the secret of her success. “There is nothing I do that is not out of passion. I can stand for two hours cooking without being tired-that is passion. The same thing applies to other things I do. I am a trained teacher. I went through teachers college. I had my degree in education from LASU. I also went for training in cattery. In acting I trained under Murphy Afolabi. I couldn’t have been doing all these without passion,” she explained.


 By JAMES EMMANUEL
jemedia7@gmail.com




No comments: