Contact: 08099400130, 08023380008 E-mail azuhamtus@yahoo.com

Pages

TWITTER

follow us on twitter:@daylightng

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

What female fans did to me –Yemi Sax

 Leading saxophonist, Yemi Adeosun popularly known as Yemi Sax, is no doubt enjoying a blossoming career since hitting stardom several years ago. In this interview, Sax told us what he feels about marriage, fatherhood, coping with stubborn female fans and more.
Let’s meet Yemi Sax
Yemi Sax is one of Africa’s best saxophonists. My full name is Adeyemi  Adeosun.
I am the CEO of Sax Record Entertainment. I am a very versatile musician. I am also into business.
How long have you been blowing the sax?
I have been playing the saxophone for like seven years or more. I broke into the industry in 2004 and I have about four albums to my credit. I am also expecting the fifth one this 2014 by his grace.
You are now a married man, how is married life treating you?
Really, nothing has changed. I just thank God for the kind of wife he gave me. I got married to my best friend, a woman that understands me and what I do. Nothing has really changed since I got married. I am only enjoying my family. I am so blessed because I got married to the best woman on earth.
How did you both meet?
That is a long story. I actually met her through somebody I helped. I have been on her case for like one year before we even started dating.
How long have you had your dreadlocks?
No, I didn’t have it from childhood, it got to a point I just wanted to wear another look. I needed a brand new look for myself and also an artistic look that was why I settled for dreadlocks.
How long do you intend to have this before you change to a new look?
I really don’t know when I am going to take it off. I have a couple of my fans who like me with the dreads and I have other fans as well who think I should take it off.  But in all I think I am still enjoying the dreadlocks for now.
How do you handle your female fans?
I think it’s just by the grace of God because a lot of my fans are female, so it’s just the grace of God. However, I thank God for my wife that understands me and my profession.
Have you ever been embarrassed by your female fans before?
Yes I have, through Facebook. Some people are even pushed to the extent that they’ll tell you what they want and when they come it is left for you to tell them your mind. So, it is very funny because these days; people are so free to tell you what they want.
Does that only happen here in Nigeria?
No, both here in Nigeria and abroad too.
How do you chase them off?
I don’t need to chase them, all I do is to apply wisdom to it. One thing is that you have to appreciate the fact that people like you and want to be around you. People really see you as a responsible person, it is just a matter of understanding even if nothing is really going on between you guys you still can be very good friends.
What makes you strong as an artiste?
What makes me strong is basically challenges, because when I actually started a lot of people think one cannot be a saxophonist and be a popular name like the hip hop artistes, because hip hop was really trending then.  But by the grace of God I have built a name for myself through this same sax thing. I started in 2005 and I am still trending it is only by his grace that I am here. It is over seven years now and very soon I will celebrate my 10 years on stage.
How did you breakthrough?
When I actually started a lot of people thought that blowing the sax can never get someone somewhere, a lot of them even told me that I can’t get anywhere with it by playing it here in Nigeria. Like I always say, it is just the grace of God and not being afraid of facing challenges and not also being afraid of trying something new instead of following what every other person is doing.
Most celebrities are afraid of their marriages, are you among, and how do you intend to keep yours alive?
The thing is that, a lot of people get into marriage because they want to be married and because they feel if people get to find out that they are married they see them as responsible people.  Before I got married to my wife we have been best of friends even till now she is still my best friend. Sometimes we forget that we are married and we still play our normal play. I think for you to have a successful marriage it is all about understanding and marrying the right person. For me I am not scared of my marriage because I married my best friend and the woman God has prepared for me from the onset.
So you are not scared of divorce?
No, not at all. I have nothing to be scared about by the grace of God it will always last.
By RITA OKOYE AND NUELLA OGADILIM-ENTERTAINMENT EXPRESS

No comments: