Contact: 08099400130, 08023380008 E-mail azuhamtus@yahoo.com

Pages

TWITTER

follow us on twitter:@daylightng

Monday, January 20, 2014

How we coped without a child for 23 years-Ex Minister

Abah, wife and baby at the celebration




A  former Minister of State for the Interior, Mr. Humphrey Abah, and his wife, Mary, on Sunday in Abuja recounted their ordeal while waiting for a child after 23 years of marriage.
Abah said most times politicians threw verbal punches at his then childless status whenever he refused certain demands based on his personal principle.
The ex-minister and his 49-year-old wife spoke during the dedication of the child held at the United Evangelical Church in Utako District. They said they weathered their storm because “the God of Abraham and Sarah did not forsake us.” He told The Punch.
According to Abah, God had given him and his wife the name they were going to give their child 15 years ago.

He said, “We were in the church service 15 years ago when God told us He was going to give us a child. When we got home that day, God gave us David as the name we were going to give to the child.
“Through those many years, I never lost hope. On the political turf, I got a lot of jabs. Most times, when I object to certain issues based on principle, the politicians will say, ‘what do you expect? We are not surprised, after all, he has no child’.
“I have grown to a position in life that I do not listen to comments that come from the sidelines. I have built a wall around myself that I can always move forward.”
On October 10, 2013 the family’s faith paid off as Mary finally gave birth to young David Onu Abah.
While shedding tears of joy, Mary Abah likened her many years of waiting for a child with the Biblical Sarah, wife of Abraham.
She said, “I thank the Lord for wiping away my tears and making me a mother at last. It is a dream I have heard since I married at the age of 27. Now, I am more than 49 years. It has taken a long time, but the Lord has done it for me.
“On November 18, 2012, it was a Sunday, I came to the church and I expressed my concern to the Pastor and he called a little child to pray for me. The whole church rose up and chorused ‘Amen.’ That same Sunday, the church organised a praise concert and I danced before the Lord and I said the Lord has provided me with a birthday bash.
“Even when Hallish Street Doctors in London in 2011 told me that nothing could be done, I knew that it was only the Lord that could help me. I focused on the Lord and He did it for me.
“When they told me I was pregnant, I ran a test and it said I was pregnant, I was like truly those that dream. I screamed and cried. Since then, the story has been one testimony or the other.”
It was also gathered that during the process of delivery, Abah was told that it was going to be a very difficult and dangerous delivery.
Mary added, “Yet again, the Lord stepped in for me. So I thank Him because he preserved me all through.”
Also speaking, the Minister of the Interior, Abbah Moro, who was among other dignitaries present during the dedication service, said the story of the couple was a lesson of faith for those believing God for the fruit of the womb.
He said, “Something wonderful has happened in the life of this family. As a friend, I need to come and share in this joy. This is a message to those believing God for a fruit of the womb. They must exercise patience.”

3 comments:

fred said...

Thank God for his mrecies

faith said...

praise the lord

laide said...

Thanking God on your behalf