Contact: 08099400130, 08023380008 E-mail azuhamtus@yahoo.com

Pages

TWITTER

follow us on twitter:@daylightng

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Ochonma is angry and bitter

This is certainly not the best of times for Customs officer turned highlife musician Ochonma. The sofri-sofri crooner is currently angry, bitter and thoroughly disappointed with the officials of Air France, for abandoning him heartlessly for four nights at the Washington airport, during his last trip to the US. Ochonma alleged that the smart guys at the airline’s office in Lagos sold him a dummy that he could travel to the US through Paris without a transit visa. “ Coming back to Nigeria for me became a traumatic experience, the airline to my consternation, refused to allow me board. Even all my efforts to get the officials to listen to me failed, they maintained that I would not be flown without a transit visa. Also, the Nigerian embassy in the US even made matters worst for me, their stranded citizen in a foreign land. I ended up spending four days sleeping at the airports ground without food,” embittered Ochonma lamented.
It took the intervention of a Good Samaritan, a US soldier for the singer to come back home through an Ethiopian Airline. Meanwhile, Ochonma, who is set to battle the airline, has also consulted his lawyers and they are set to sue. Keep reading this column, for more on this mother of all wars, between two nations. Also, all our efforts at reaching the officials of the airline proved abortive.

No comments: