She defended her decision this summer to share breastfeeding photos on her Instagram account.
And now doting mum Tamara Ecclestone has revealed she’s still breastfeeding her 21-month-old daughter Sophia as she loves to feel close to her only child.
The 31-year-old Formula 1 heiress has told new! magazine that she couldn’t be happier now she’s swapped partying and glam date nights for cosy evenings in with Sophia and her husband Jay Rutland.
Tamara is following in her mother Slavica Ecclestone’s footsteps by nursing her daughter Sophia, three months shy of her second birthday, and as a result she doesn’t like to leave her with anyone else at night.
She explained to new! that her feeding routine means nights out are a rare occurrence. ‘I’m still feeding her so if she needs to be fed I need to be there. My mum was like that until we were old enough to understand, and even then she’d only leave us with family. I guess it’s just the way I am,’ she said.
The brunette star admits has to limit date nights with husband Jay at home following the birth of their daughter because she prefers to be with the youngster in the evenings.
‘I don’t feel comfortable leaving Sophia with anyone in the evenings, and Jay understands how hands-on I am.
‘So long as we do get our time together, he doesn’t mind if we’re in the house with a takeaway. It’s still just us. If she wakes in the night I want to be there for her,’ she added.
The socialite stirred up a controversy in June by posting pictures showing her breastfeeding her daughter during a family holiday in the Bahamas – with the pics dubbed ‘brelfies’.
Some users slammed her for oversharing, telling her the images were ‘gross’ and that there was ‘no need’ for her to post pictures of her ‘t*** hanging out.’
Speaking on Lorraine about the controversy, Tamara said she had no idea the pictures would provoke such a strong reaction.
She said: ‘My husband took the picture. I loved it, I thought it was so cute… I didn’t realise it was going to cause so much controversy and that people would have so many opinions on it.
‘I just thought it was a beautiful photograph of the person I love so much. We were on holiday and it was a special moment, that was the only reason to share that picture.’
Tamara has added to new! that the couple are so blissfully happy as a family of three that they are planning to hold off having another child.
‘I want to enjoy Sophia fully,’ she explained, adding that the four year age gap between herself and younger sister Petra has inspired her to hold back. ‘I can remember her being born,’ she said of her relationship with Petra. ‘So I’d like to wait a bit longer. I’m happy with the three of us for now.’
dailymail