Contact: 08099400130, 08023380008 E-mail azuhamtus@yahoo.com

Pages

TWITTER

follow us on twitter:@daylightng

Saturday, September 5, 2015

DAYLIGHT TOP10 Questions with Ayo Makun (Ay): ‘What I told God on my birthday’



By AZUH AMATUS
Famous entertainment entrepreneur and creator of the nationally acclaimed comedy and music show, AY Live, Ayo Richard Makun, was a year older recently.
In this special interview with Azuh Amatus, publisher and editor-in-chief of leading online newspaper, Daylight.ng, the Ondo State-born leading entertainer spoke passionately about the industry that has given him so much.
The Delta State University graduate of Theatre Arts, also revealed what he told God in the morning of his birthday, what he wants from the President Muhammadu Buhari-led federal government, why he detests politics among other germane issues. 


Daylight.ng: Brodaly, happy birthday once again, how does it feel adding another glorious year on earth?

It feels great; adding a new year makes me grateful for the blessings of God in my life. As always it gives me an opportunity to reminisce on all that could have been if God had not extended his grace towards me and blessed my efforts.

Daylight.ng: What major prayer point did you ask from God while praying in the morning of your birthday?
It was a morning of thanksgiving. I looked at what I had achieved through God’s grace over the years and what came out my lips was ‘Thank you Jesus’. My major prayer point was that he should keep my eyes continually fixed on Him because as long as I am with him, I know all will always turn out well.

Daylight.ng:  The AY brand has come of age and now a household name, what is the secret?
My brother, that is one of the things I remain grateful to God for. I always say that I am a product of grace. That should not make people think that I am not hardworking, it jus t means that whatever I do is blessed by God and so it always comes out better than I had hoped.

Daylight.ng: You are no doubt a successful young man, what is that thing you still want from God, which he hasn’t done for you?
I can’t think of anything God has not given me. Most times he even gives me stuff before I know that I have the need for them.

Daylight.ng: Looking back in retrospect, what would you say is your greatest achievement as a leading entertainer?
My greatest achievement is the inspiration and mentorship of other successful entertainers in the industry. I look at those who attained fame and success through the Ay’s open mic comedy challenge such as Seyilaw, Elenu, Ajebo, Mc Shakara and also at those whom I was privileged to groom such as the talented Ushbebe who is currently making waves in the comedy industry and I feel fulfilled.

Daylight.ng: Your comedy show, AY Live is now a national brand with global appeal, when you first conceived the idea; did you ever envisage it would turn out this big?
AY LIVE has grown beyond my wildest expectations and it is still growing. What I am seeing now is far beyond what I envisaged when we started and I am grateful to God and all those who have worked with me over the years in continuing to make this vision a reality.

Daylight.ng: You have taken your monster hit AY Live show round some major regions of the federation, except the south east, why the neglect, is it deliberate or...?
That is far from the truth. We work with partners in most of the places we go and currently we have not gotten any show promoter to partner with in the southeast. The day we will do, we will be more than willing to enter that region and share the AY LIVE experience with them.

Daylight.ng: Do you think this current government will support and appreciate entertainment the way the immediate past government did?
The greatest support and appreciation I expect from the current government is to create an enabling economic environment in the country because when the economic policies work, the entertainment industry will also thrive. This is needed more than any handouts that may make entertainers lazy in their creative enterprise.

Daylight.ng:  What is the latest with your club, MVP?
MVP is undergoing a restructuring so we can come back bigger and better. We learnt a lot from the months in which we opened and we are putting all these learning into the restructuring process.

Daylight.ng: Do you see yourself going into partisan politics some day?
That is not part of my morning or evening prayers for now.

Daylight.ng: As a top player in the industry, do you think Nigerian comedians are well paid for the services they render, especially to corporate clients?
The industry has no fixed pricing template so that may be difficult to answer. I guess it comes down to the comedian’s negotiating power and his concept of how profitable he feels a steady relationship with the client will be.
Daylight.ng: We would like you to share with us, the new projects you are currently working on?
My latest movie project is the new stuff that I am working on, though we are also trying to create some new television shows but that is still hush- hush for now.

Daylight.ng: What gift did your darling wife spoil you with on your birthday?
That is my secret o. She lavished me with plenty of love but I will keep the gift she bought me close to my chest. Lol.

Daylight.ng: Lastly, how old is Ayo Makun?
Ayo Makun is a very young man. He is a bit older than his teeth but the same age with his tongue.


No comments: