Contact: 08099400130, 08023380008 E-mail azuhamtus@yahoo.com

Pages

TWITTER

follow us on twitter:@daylightng

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Why I married secretly-Controversial Nollywood star, Uche Ogbodo

Ogbodo
Controversial Nollywood star, Uche Ogbodo, recently got married to her foreign-based lover, Arthur Obi. In this chat, the beautiful thespian cleared the rumours surrounding her secret nuptials and relationship with musician, Harrysong, among other issues.
The year 2013, just ended, what do you think you have achieved?
Well, first of all, I thank God for all his blessings upon my life in 2013. I will say it has been the grace of God, both in my career and in my life.  So, I give Him all the glory.
The gift of life alone is unquantifiable. I know other years would surely be better.



What are your plans for 2014?
Well, I have a lot of plans for 2014 but you never can tell what tomorrow holds, so I will follow it one step at a time.
I am also making plans to produce my own movies this year. Although, I don’t know the shape it would take but I am hopeful that it would come out good and one of the best in the industry.


You recently got married, we would like to know more about your husband?

His name is Arthur Obi. He is from Anambra State.  He is an ex-footballer based in the United States of America.


It is now trendy for Nigerian actresses to hook up with foreign based husbands; did you marry Arthur just to belong?
Well, I can only speak for myself. I know that African men that have travelled far and wide know what is happening in the industry, so he is exposed.  He has mingled with people from other cultural backgrounds and with different people.  A lot of Nigerian men don’t really understand what is happening in the industry, most especially if they are not into entertainment.  He too is into show business as well.  So, he understands the terrain.  I think it is quite easy that way.




Are you sure your husband will allow you continue with your acting career after your marriage?
He knows I am an actress.  I told him immediately I met him and he likes what I do. He supports my career.  He understands what is happening in our industry, he is in full support.


Why then did you opt for a secret wedding?
I didn’t have any secret marriage. In fact, I have not done my wedding proper. When I have my wedding in grand style, my dear, I bet you won’t call it a secret marriage.
We are all looking forward to that. 



But the traditional wedding was very simple, why did you make it that way being a popular star?
I have talked about this before I wouldn’t want to talk about it again. I just had it the way I wanted to. The white wedding will be different.


How did you meet him?
I met him in Nigeria, at a colleague’s birthday.  Immediately I saw him, I knew he was my husband. 
There at the party, he just stood and was staring at me. He told me something said he should just talk to me and he did.  We introduced ourselves; I told him I was an actress that was it. The rest is now history (laughs).


What is your relationship with popular musician, HarrySong?
I never dated HarrySong; we are just friends and nothing more.



What about the picture that circulated on social media, where both of you were engrossed in passionate kissing?
I never kissed him; I only pecked him and nothing more. And I see nothing wrong in what I did. The media just blew it up. We were just having fun, that’s all.


Pictures don’t lie; a peck or kiss on the lips?
Well, I have just told you, kissing Harrysong in public was no big deal. We are just friends, no strings attached.


What are the accessories that you cannot do without?
I love to wear my make-ups when I am going out but in my day-to-day life, I do not wear make-ups. I am not so crazy about make-ups like people believe. From January to December, I may not make up still I will look beautiful. I do not really care about what people say about me. I also like wearing high heels. When I am going on any occasion, if I do not wear heels, then I am not ready to go.

What is your favourite colour?
I wear what makes me comfortable especially loud colours. I wear what suits my body frame and skin tone and I don't wear what others are wearing because I like to be different most times.
I love bright colours because I am a happy person. I am a bright person, full of life and I think that colour depicts my mood.


What do you think makes you look sexy?
Everything about me makes me sexy; my diction, the aura that I carry about, and the way I dress also makes me sexy. I wear what I feel comfortable in. Actually, before I leave my house every day, I sample so many of my clothes to see which one of them will fit my style. I’m crazy about fashion and accessories. They are the basic things a woman needs.



What are the challenges you face in the movie industry?
There are many challenges in the field, but generally, we face intimidation and harassments. Sometimes ago, I arrested a person that beat me up. This is something that I face every day in my life, but I just know that I can overcome it, so I do not let them worry or wear me down. To me, they are not challenges anymore because I can conquer them.



Aside the controversial picture of you and Harrysong, which other negative reports, has hit you badly?
Negative reports make me feel bad, but it doesn’t make me shed tears anymore. Because I know who I am, and I also know the kind of people that I meet in my day to day activities. I know the people who are closer to me very well, and they know me too.
I don’t care what anybody would write about me. There are so many ‘rubbishes’ that had been written about me in the past. But I know who I am, and that’s why I remain unshakable.  They are only destroying themselves, as people actually see them as unserious people.  However, bad press sometimes turns out to be good press. May be, they were writing all those rubbish to promote my works and my personality.
 
 By: RITA OKOYE and EMMANUELLA OGADILIM
 
 
 
 

No comments: