Contact: 08099400130, 08023380008 E-mail azuhamtus@yahoo.com

Pages

TWITTER

follow us on twitter:@daylightng

Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Exclusive Interview: Meet Ugochi Igwilo, the most popular Nigerian model in India


Ugochi

The name Ugochi Igwilo may not necessarily ring a bell in the Nigerian fashion and modelling sectors, but the pretty and leggy international model is unarguably one of the hottest cat walk queens in India’s modelling industry.
Ugochi on the run way in India
 The fashion enthusiast and interior designer, who was recently in Nigeria, shares her success story and the reasons she operates from India with SHOWBIZPLUSng. Enjoy the chat.



Let's meet you
My name is Ugochi Igwilo, Stats: Bust; 35” Waist; 27” Hips; 37” Height; 6’-0” Dress size; 4. I am an international model, and an interior designer. I come from the Federal Republic of Nigeria, Imo state to be precise. I completed my bachelor’s degree in interior design at the Amity University India, I went to Vivian Fowler Memorial College for my secondary school in Lagos, Nigeria.

What is your position in the family?
I am the eldest child out of seven children.


How was your growing up like?
It was lovely growing up in a big family; we all grew up in Lagos. It was always a nice experience when my mum had new babies.


Aside modelling what else do you do?
I am into modelling and interior design, but I’ll be focusing more on modelling now. I design interiors, I love sketching as well as I enjoy reading. I read non-fiction books, I love swimming, going out, meeting people, I get inspiration from the places I go to and the people I meet.


When did your love for modelling kick off?
It started when I was in the University. While in college a few fashion students approached me to model for them, and that’s how I started modelling. I’ve always been interested in modelling; a lot of people advised me to go into modelling as well. I have the look I am 6’ tall, with good stat.
How has it been?
It’s been a good experience so far, and there are greater things to come. I haven’t modelled in Nigeria yet, because most of my works I’ve done are abroad. I look forward to working in Nigeria someday.
Can you recall your first experience as a professional model?
I was based in India, so I’ve worked with mostly Indian brands. My first campaigns were the ones I did for up and coming brands. I have gone on to do campaigns for premier make-up brands and fashion brands too over there.

Have you always wanted to be a model?
Yes I’ve always been interested in modelling, but I wanted to finish my secondary school education first and make sure I have a university degree.


When did you leave Nigeria?
I left Nigeria in 2009; I went to India for studies. My father believed they had a better and more stable educational system than Nigeria.

Do you have plans of coming back to Nigeria?
Yes I do.

Did your parents support your choice of career?
From day one my parents have been very supportive, my parents are very open minded people, and they always encourage us to try new things. My father did his best to get me and my siblings exposed at a very early age.

How has life been as a model?
It’s been good, it could get very though sometimes and competitive. But competition only helps you get stronger. So I’ve learnt. I’ve grown.

You are so leggy and beautiful, what's the secret of your beauty, and how do you maintain it?

*Laughs.* Well I thank God for His gifts. I like to work out. I do yoga in the mornings, I stay active during the day, I drink a lot of water and I eat healthy.

What is your daily beauty routine like?
I wash my face with face wash twice a day; I use a toner afterwards, and a facial moisturizer. I make sure all products I use are appropriate for my skin type. I exfoliate twice a week. I use sunscreen when I’m going out in the sun. I don’t believe in bleaching; I'm a cocoa butter girl.


What kind of clothes can't you wear?
I can wear most things; I just wear them at the right time.


What is your best dress code?
I love short dresses and jackets, anything that compliments my figure.


Can you mention the top companies you have modelled for?
I’ve worked mostly with Indian companies, but I’ll say Sephora which is a French brand and chain of cosmetic stores.


How do you cope with male admirers?
Men tend to respect themselves around me a lot, I think it’s because of the way I carry myself, and I respect myself a lot around men. It all helps.


What is your relationship status?
I am in a committed relationship.

What's your philosophy of life?
Always take it easy, one should not get stressed or worry too much. Always have faith.


How old is Ugochi?
I am 23 years old.


Are you currently working on any pet project you would like to share with us?
No, not yet.


Lessons you have learnt from life?
I’ve learnt to always believe in God and myself, confidence and humility are very important. It’s also very important for people to follow their passion.
RITA OKOYE

No comments: