Contact: 08099400130, 08023380008 E-mail azuhamtus@yahoo.com

Pages

TWITTER

follow us on twitter:@daylightng

Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Femi Kuti loses grandmother

Femi Kuti loses maternal grandmother




Their maternal grandmother, fondly referred to as Nanny, has passed on at the age of 94.

Afrobeat musician Femi and sister Yeni Kuti are currently mourning the passing away of their grandmother.

Their maternal grandmother, fondly referred to as Nanny, has passed on at the age of 94.
 
Femi, Yeni Kuti and their grandmother

"My Maternal Grandmother, who changed my life, by talking sense into me changing my whole attitude positively. Will miss u thanks for the LOVE and CARE (RIP) u will always be in my heart of hearts," Femi wrote on Instagram.
I'm extremely grateful 4 the love,care & teachings to be humble,level headed most important to be the musician I am today. ( RIP NANNY ) https://twitter.com/femiakuti/status/829071725774118912 

The afrobeat family celebrated her 94th birthday last year.
Not much is known about Femi's maternal grandmother, however his paternal grandmother was Funmilayo Ransome-Kuti, a highly influential woman in her time who is best known for her activism and also for being the first Nigerian female to drive a car. pulse

No comments: