Contact: 08099400130, 08023380008 E-mail azuhamtus@yahoo.com

Pages

TWITTER

follow us on twitter:@daylightng

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Ejike Asiegbu battles Clarion Chukwurah over actors Insurance Scheme

Popular actor and the immediate past national president of the Actors Guild of Nigeria (AGN) Mr. Ejike Asiegbu is currently on a warpath with screen goddess Clarion Chukwurah, over what he called, “misguided statements and unfounded allegations.”
In fact, he has even threatened to drag the actress before a court of competent jurisdiction to prove her allegation or face the wrath of the law.
Asiegbu’s seething anger stems from a recent text message being circulated by Chukwurah, which accused and challenged the former to account for all the insurance monies paid by actors during his tenure as president.
Some parts of the now very controversial sms, which went round Nollywood stakeholders and practitioners read: “With continued avoidable deaths in Nollywood, I ask Ejike Asiegbu, what became of the health insurance scheme we paid for at the beginning of your first tenure as AGN president…”
While responding, Asiegbu who said he was thoroughly disappointed with Chukwurah’s ignorance and unwarranted attack, also warned her to desist from rubbishing his hard earned name.
Hear more from embittered Asiegbu:
Ordinarily, I don’t join issues with people. For sometimes now I have deliberately avoided Clarion Chukwurah.
I vividly remember that during my tenure as president of AGN there was a discussion between us about her intention to become AGN president. I encouraged her and gave her some advice which I believed was right. Unfortunately, she did not do what I asked her to do. So I was not surprised that during the last period of my tenure as AGN president that she joined evil forces against me. History will always bear me witness that my achievement during my tenure surpasses that of anyone that has been there. I find her sms very insulting. It is outrageous that even after two years that I have left office, Clarion Chukwurah is still sending text messages and falsehoods to a lot of artistes and Nigerians, even to the media and stupidly asking of what happened to the Insurance scheme that AGN members paid during my tenure as president of the AGN. In her statement, she alluded that the Insurance scheme should have been able to take away deaths that are currently occurring in AGN.
When I got the text message that she has been circulating, I did not only feel disappointed, but also saw her as someone displaying how ignorant she was about the workings of Insurance schemes. She has thrown caution to the wind and showed the world that she also lacks manners. She is not only ignorant; she lacks respect and has no knowledge of how associations are run.
For crying out loud, there was no death during my tenure and if there was any at all, I stand to be corrected, she should bring forth whoever that died and we will check records to ascertain if that person paid a particular amount of money for his or her insurance.
I want to educate her that insurance scheme lasts for one year and I believe she does not know this because she was busy collaborating with her cohorts to make sure that nothing worked during my tenure.”
Meanwhile, in a phone chat unperturbed Chukwurah said she stands by her words in the sms and insisted Asiegbu should urgently come out and explain what happened to the monies actors paid for Insurance during his reign.
“Whatever Ejike Asiegbu said about me is completely irrelevant to me. What matters however, is that actors are dying and there is need for him to explain what became of monies paid during his tenure as President for the life saving plan of a health Insurance Scheme. Mudslinging and threats will not solve the problem. Ejike should address the issue so that AGN can revisit this Scheme with some credibility through a fund raising event.”
We will definitely keep you posted as this stars war rages on.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Clarion is always in one bruhaha or the other. She has a big mouth with pomo lips so its to be expected. If she isn't a damned fool and very unintelligent person, she should have known that insurances ®e paid periodically and is only valid when payment is continued. She has battled with Onyeka and also blundered too many times too often about things she has no valuable knowledge about. Clarion a word of advice, focus on what you are known best for, frolicking with men and husband snatching. I guess you are very verse in that field. Dumb head.