Contact: 08099400130, 08023380008 E-mail azuhamtus@yahoo.com

Pages

TWITTER

follow us on twitter:@daylightng

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Pressure mounts on Pawpaw to marry

Insiders, especially close friends of famous movie star and entertainer Osita Iheme globally known as Pawpaw are alleging and insinuating that there are pressures on him to marry soon.
This they concluded became pertinent following the recent star-studded and highly celebrated nuptial of his colleague and best friend, Chinedu Ikedieze famously known as Aki.
In fact, those very close to the Nollywood dynamites disclosed that the pressure on the Mbaitoli, Imo State-born star became much after he finished playing the role of Best Man to his soul mate on December 9 and 10 respectively, at his talk of the town wedding in Lagos to Nneoma Hope Nwaijah.
However, in a brief phone chat with ACTION!, Pawpaw, who once shared a flat with Aki, debunked the rumour, describing it as “false and laughable.”
“My brother, if I tell you I have not heard the false and laughable rumour that there is heavy pressure on me to marry, then I’m lying. There is no iota of truth in that rumour or report. There is no pressure on me to settle down from any quarter, not even my parents or loved ones. At the appropriate time, I will marry like my brother and friend, Aki did. But what I don’t like and will not accept is the rumour circulating that I’m under pressure to find a wife and settle down with in the next couple of months. It’s pure lies and fabrication from some unserious and jobless people.”
On whether there is a woman in his life already, the thespian that was recently decorated with the national honour of MFR, hesitantly said yes.
“I’m a human being and have special friends around me. And since you insist on knowing, yes, there is somebody in my life right now. But what I cannot tell you is the exact date we’ll be getting married. It could be next year or the year after. What is most important is that we both are happy being together. I won’t say more than this till the time comes.”
Meanwhile, during an interview with EE a couple of months ago, while on a courtesy visit to our Isolo, Lagos, corporate head office, we asked if he could marry an actress. Pawpaw who’s still pained by the early demise of his father, responded thus:
“Of course, I can marry an actress. I’m already thinking of marriage and it will happen very soon. I don’t know the person yet. I can only say that there are a couple of them in the picture whom I am considering. But as a young man I have somebody whom I confide in. It is not about the size or shape, but I believe that when I find that person I will know her. Yes, I’m still searching. In fact, I’m 100 percent still searching. The gist that somebody broke my heart sometime ago is untrue. Love has been kind to me,” he told a team of EE editors.
Interestingly, Aki and Pawpaw who lived, travelled and worked together for several years like doing things together as a team. But that bond was nearly broken last year when the late President, Umaru Yaradua honoured only the former with the national honour of MFR, with the latter being left behind. Due to public outcry, President Goodluck Jonathan looked the way of Pawpaw this year and also rewarded him with an MFR, at the recently held national honours decorations in Abuja.
Above all, now that Aki is married and looking forward to siring children with his wife, all eyes are now on Pawpaw, his acting twin-brother to toe same path of honour by settling down soon. But the big questions are: who is the lucky woman and when will they both walk down the aisle? Time will definitely tell.

No comments: