Contact: 08099400130, 08023380008 E-mail azuhamtus@yahoo.com

Pages

TWITTER

follow us on twitter:@daylightng

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Fuji House of Commotion star (Alika), down with stroke

This is certainly sad news for the teeming fans of Victor Eze, the famous Alika in Amaka Igwe’s TV sitcom, Fuji House of Commotion.
Authentic and exclusive information reaching us has it that the Delta State born actor cum scriptwriter is currently down with severe stroke for over a year.
And to further compound his pitiable state, the current Secretary of the Screen Writers Guild of Nigeria (SWGN), has been completely abandoned by his colleagues and fans.
In a telephone chat with ACTION!, from his new abode in Ikorodu, an outskirt of Lagos State, the father of one painfully told us that since he was hit by stroke, none of his colleagues and friends in Nollywood have deemed it fit to reach out to him.
“Instead, they have been avoiding me. You’re the first person from Nollywood to call and sympathize with me. Not even the president and members of my association, SWGN, where I’m the Secretary, or even the Association of Movie Producers (AMP), where I was actively involved before the stroke.”
In an emotion–laden voice, Alika, who equally called on well-meaning Nigerians to assist him financially and otherwise, painfully revealed that even the producer of Fuji House of Commotion, Amaka Igwe also abandoned him to his fate, despite his immense contributions to the growth of the sitcom.
“Such is life but I’m not bothered. Please, I want kind hearted Nigerians to come to my aid because I don’t want to die and this cross is too heavy for only me to carry. My wife has been the only one taking care of me and our family since the stroke hit me. I urgently need financial help to be able to treat myself and go back to work,” he pleaded.
While reacting, Mr. Tony Anih, the President of SWGN, confirmed receiving the news of Alika’s stroke, and stated that their association was already discussing ways of assisting him get better.

No comments: