Contact: 08099400130, 08023380008 E-mail azuhamtus@yahoo.com

Pages

TWITTER

follow us on twitter:@daylightng

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Who owns Yori -Yori?

After a long silence, Amobi Clem Igwebuike, better known as Bistop, the sidelined and former leader of wave making Yori-yori crooners, Bracket, has finally opened up on how he was betrayed by his colleagues and record label owner.

According to Bistop, who’s currently promoting his latest single, Celebrate, he was unjustly kicked out, after helping to nurture and groom the group-Bracket, which he founded and led until he was schemed out early last year.

In a chat with us recently, embittered Bistop, from Anambra State, maintained his supposed brothers betrayed him, after ten solid years of a very strong relationship. “A lot has been said about my willingly quitting the group, it pains because my colleagues never painted the real picture of how I was dumped and betrayed to the world. How can I just quit like that after toiling day and night to nurture and build the group Bracket? I wrote and arranged the beats of virtually all the songs, including the Yori-yori track and other tracks in the album. But painfully, I was schemed out when we were about to release the album, which is our second, as a group. Till date, my colleagues and the boss of our label, Ape Planet, Nwachukwu Mamah, one of the sons of Ifesinachi Mass Transit boss, have not told me why they meted out this wicked act to me. They later told me our record label owner dumped me because I was too outspoken. I don’t know when fighting for one’s right has become a crime?”

Speaking further, Bistop, who is currently promoting his new work round the country, disclosed that he personally took the group to Ape Planet, to sign them on and eventually release their debut album – Happy Day. “I’m not saying all these now to elicit pity, but I want to set the records straight by telling Nigerians how I was badly treated by my supposed brothers. I nearly died, but it took the grace of God for me to be alive till this moment and talking to you. Truth is that I have been to hell and back”.

“Imagine, I went to the market to buy my own work and sweat, when they eventually released the album and to my shock, no credit was given to me and that further killed my spirit. But thank God, I have moved on.”

Bistop, a final year student of Electrical Electronics at the University of Nigeria, Nsukka, further disclosed that the current stage names of the Bracket duo (Smash and Vast), was given to them by him, at the early stage of their careers.

On what he wants from the group and Ape Planet, Bistop, who maintained he’s yet to recover fully from the psychological/mental trauma and torture, insisted that he wants to be adequately compensated for all his efforts while with the group, adding that he has moved on with his blossoming solo career and life.

I’m now out to celebrate, just like my single says, the worst is over. We look forward to hearing from Bracket and Ape Planet, whom we could not reach before filing this report.

No comments: